What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can i jailbreak my Ipad2 WIfi+3g

bruteforce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all. im a newbie and i am sorry if this question is simple. but i am just starting to learn about the Apple world thru my new ipad2. i have researched and i still do not have a definitive answer and then i found this site, which seems to be the best place to get the right answer. before i came here i keep getting conflicting answer as to if my ipad2 can be jailbroken. conflicts include whether it is 3g or not or "wifi only" or 3g-gsm or 3g-cdma etc. well mine is wifi+3g. does that mean im out of luck because its 3g. my settings say 4.3 as to the version. does that mean im out of luck. it seems that i need to get to 4.3.3. but if i do does that mean im good to go. how do i get to 4.3.3 (if that indeed is the answer) from 4.3. obviously id like to be able to run stuff not just from the apple store. thanks in advance for your help.

OP
B

bruteforce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i did check that out. it seems that i cannot, but i thought there was a way to get 4.3.3. i guess this is my welcome to the apple world. thats why im a pc and android user.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you wait for 5.0 to be jail broken. No idea when it will come out, but it will some time. Just keep following IPF and when it happens it will be reported here very soon.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

glassheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all. im a newbie and i am sorry if this question is simple. but i am just starting to learn about the Apple world thru my new ipad2. i have researched and i still do not have a definitive answer and then i found this site, which seems to be the best place to get the right answer. before i came here i keep getting conflicting answer as to if my ipad2 can be jailbroken. conflicts include whether it is 3g or not or "wifi only" or 3g-gsm or 3g-cdma etc. well mine is wifi+3g. does that mean im out of luck because its 3g. my settings say 4.3 as to the version. does that mean im out of luck. it seems that i need to get to 4.3.3. but if i do does that mean im good to go. how do i get to 4.3.3 (if that indeed is the answer) from 4.3. obviously id like to be able to run stuff not just from the apple store. thanks in advance for your help.

3g-gsm is same as wifi + 3g model. if in any case apple still allows you to update to 4.3.3 here is the link [Moderator edit: Removed link to external site because we already have that type of info here... Please, read the rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

bruteforce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
huh glassheart? i thought i was out of luck until 5.0. it also says on the forum FAQ that nothing can be done. see here at the official thread http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html . i see you are also a noob. are you sure about this and is there somethig that we are not aware of? how would one know "if apple allows " this. and if they do, what are the procedures for upgrade since Itunes tries to force 4.3.5 on me? anyone? thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be clear, it cannot be done if you don't have saved blobs for 4.3.3, and it sounds like you don't. Our sticky is accurate and up to date.

OP
B

bruteforce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for clearing that up. correct me if im wrong but i would only have saved blobs if my ipad2 was already on 4.3.3 at one point?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not quite right, but you would only have them if you asked Apple for them in May or June this year, when 4.3.3 was the current firmware. That was the only time you could get them. You can get blobs without having the version of IOS installed. It's all about timing.

OP
B

bruteforce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
boy, i guess i am never going to get this right LOL. anywhere sorry to belabor the issue (and if this should be a new post in another forum group, please let me know) but what preparations do i need to make so i dont screw up the chance to jailbreak 5.0. i.e. save current blobs, dont download 5.0 from apple and instead lownload from here etc. what precautions should i take so i make sure i can jailbreak and not make the mistake i made not having 4.3.3? right now, for the first time i go to itunes im now getting the upgrade to 5.0 notification and not the 4.3.5 notification. thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing you can do to prepare for an iOS 5 jailbreak. Apple has changed the way they "sign" firmware, so blobs are no longer part of the equation. So, there's no saving blobs for iOS 5.

See this thread and my post in it, #2 (mainly 'cause I don't feel like typing it over): http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/49343-what-should-we-doing-now.html

That is my suggestion for what you should do going forward. That, and have patience. It'll happen...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts