What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how are your folders and icons oraganized?

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, i got myself infinidock and folder enhancer, i wanted to re organize all my icons in folders by subject so its easier to get to them., i also installed SBSettings and want to know whats the dock useful for, for example, in the event your locked out of your device one can reboot in safe mode etc using SBSettings.

anyway; while i was organizing i hit a wall, 3 devices in the house and i cant decide how to organize everything since the iphone 4S looks cooler with 5 folders in the dock

On my main page i just dropped the stuff i use daily, calendar, notes, memos, tomtom, weather, messages, photos, camera app etc

then in my DOC i created folders so far like
A/V (camera apps like photography or videoagraphy)
ED (Languages, Cooking/recopies, etc)
LifeStyles (horoscope, funny pranks, home deco, gardening, going out, buying selling, travel/navigation)
Music (itunes, garageband, rec pro apps, guitar, drums etc)
Office, (calendar, notebook apps, utilities, apps to print etc)

so i was wondering how others organized their folders and docs, please do post your thoughts cause im stuck between adding a utility and navigation folder in the doc as to some sort of gestures to bring up the TomTom for example or memos

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a little screenshot which shows how I have my home page (5x5 Iconoclasm configuration). Everything is accessible from this one page except games, which are all on my 2nd page! :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339499965.505069.jpg

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a little screenshot which shows how I have my home page (5x5 Iconoclasm configuration). Everything is accessible from this one page except games, which are all on my 2nd page! :D

View attachment 18003

great graphics!,  love the little icons next to the titles, what tweak is that ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
great graphics!,* love the little icons next to the titles, what tweak is that ?

It's not a tweak. You don't even need to be jailbroken. It's been a standard feature of IOS5 since it was released. Just add the "Emoji" keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboards and use the characters from the Emoji keyboard when giving the folder a name... to bring up the keyboard, just press the "globe" key which will appear on your standard keyboard once you add the new one...

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a tweak. You don't even need to be jailbroken. It's been a standard feature of IOS5 since it was released. Just add the "Emoji" keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboards and use the characters from the Emoji keyboard when giving the folder a name... to bring up the keyboard, just press the "globe" key which will appear on your standard keyboard once you add the new one...
i cant find it on the ipad2, maybe its only a iphone thingy?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > Add New Keyboard

Choose Emoji

How can it be iPhone only? This is an iPad forum and I showed you an iPad screenshot ! :)

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > Add New Keyboard

Choose Emoji

How can it be iPhone only? This is an iPad forum and I showed you an iPad screenshot ! :)

i have emoji installed on my keyboard .. but not the same kind as yours .. what emoji you using ?

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hotstuff said:

They forgot to mention that you have to install emoji to have it show up in settings. Just search for the emoji you want in the app store then enable it in settings.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. Since iOS 5 (as f4780y pointed out), emoji comes default on the iPad. You just have to go to Settings and activate it as described a few posts up. You do NOT have to get a separate app from the App Store.

Again, however, it's default on iOS 5. I have no emoji app installed on my iPad3, yet I have them enabled. See? -

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you see mine?? ☝....or is it just diamonds again?

I could never get mine to show on a post from my iPad.

Add: I see that hey are just diamonds again...

Last edited:
OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score

i found it in Settings > GENERAL >international > Keyboard

thanks

Last edited:

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. Since iOS 5 (as f4780y pointed out), emoji comes default on the iPad. You just have to go to Settings and activate it as described a few posts up. You do NOT have to get a separate app from the App Store.

Again, however, it's default on iOS 5. I have no emoji app installed on my iPad3, yet I have them enabled. See? -

Marilyn

.. got it in my keyboards, but nothing similar to what f4780y has on his screenshot ...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
.. got it in my keyboards, but nothing similar to what f4780y has on his screenshot ...

5 of them are standard and you will have them, and 5 are IOS6 exclusive Emoji, but can be enabled in IOS5 with the paid JB tweak EmojiPro.

Last edited:

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5 of them are standard and you will have them, and 5 are IOS6 exclusive Emoji, but can be enabled in IOS5 with the paid JB tweak EmojiPro.

thank you f4780y for the "trade-secret" ... :)

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway, let's get back to the topic, shall we? :3

photo2.png
This is what my Springboard looks like.

The folders up there are Creative (art, books and camera apps), Education (japanese and HTML/CSS/JavaScript apps), Entrainment (various game apps), Reference (apps I use for reference, such as Wikipanion) and Miscellaneous, which has all the apps that are either duplicates or things I wouldn't use very much or at all (like CrashReporter and Notes).

Most reactions