What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here's some more ios7 problems,

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sometimes if I'm searching google the page I'm on just vanishes & wham! I'm back on the home page!
Another cool thing it messes up is remembering usernames & passwords! even in this site I now have to sign in every time I come here if I close down after a session!
Really Apple, you should have done a LOT more homework before forcing everyone into this half baked (non) upgrade.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding entering your username/password, I have not come across this issue on this site not any other site. Only if I log out of a site like my work email would I have to log back on. Facebook, IPF apps all working well.

Do you by chance have your privacy settings on? When I clicked onto this, I had to log back on to sites that I had already been on earlier. Go to your safari and click onto a new tab. Scroll down and turn your privacy setting off.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue is not apple it is about your set up on your iPad you may require to do a back up on your computer and a restore in order to correct the issue the problem you have as stated above may be corrected by changing the settings.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have Private Browsing on (the URL and tool bars turn a dark gray) or you have Block Cookies set to Always in Settings > Safari, then sites can not remember you. For most people the best setting for Block Cookies is "From third parties and advertisers".

The Names and Passwords feature found in the Auto-Fill section has never been very reliable, even in iOS 6. I keep it turned off, so I can't offer any guidance on it's use and or usefulness. I have more hopes for the new iCloud Keychain feature that was supposedly delayed until the next OS X upgrade (Mavericks); which will "probably" come out sometime before the end of the year.

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
the usernames & passwords worked perfectly before I updated tho?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some people found it usable in iOS 6, some didn't. I suspect it was mostly a matter of what websites they were using. I've heard a few people say they are having problems with it in iOS 7, and no one contradicting them (which isn't really proof of anything except that some people are having problems). So, maybe it is more broke, or maybe it's now broke for different websites, or it's mostly broke for a few people with faulty installs.

I recommend you send feedback to Apple, in case it's a bug.
Apple - iPad - Feedback

Otherwise, the only real hope I can offer is that iCloud Keychain will work as promised when it comes out; hopefully this year.

If it's important enough, you can try reinstalling iOS 7 using DFU mode and iTune. A few others have used to successfully get rid of persistent problems. However, if it's an inherent problem with iOS 7, it will only be fixed when Apple get around to fixing it. Or replacing it with iCloud Keychain. Whichever.

Sorry not to be of more help.

brgibson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS 7 and have a Logitech ultra thin key board but it won't pair with my Ipad since the download? Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check the manual for the Keyboard and see if there is some way to clear all pairings. Also clear the pairing on the iPad. Try again.

That's all I can think of.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sometimes if I'm searching google the page I'm on just vanishes & wham! I'm back on the home page! Another cool thing it messes up is remembering usernames & passwords! even in this site I now have to sign in every time I come here if I close down after a session! Really Apple, you should have done a LOT more homework before forcing everyone into this half baked (non) upgrade.

Please do not post more than once on any issue you have as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules. This directive is concerning your issue with usernames and passwords.

Most reactions

Latest posts