What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Missing Keyboard on Jailbroken iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, so here's the deal: I was doing fine with my JBed iPad 2 3G (as you all might know) despite several hiccups. Everything was okay until just now. My friend tried to open Friendly, and he was able to log in fine. But when he tried to type a message the keyboard came up, but it was blank. It only showed that top bar that has the | 'Next' | 'Previous' | 'Autofill' |. The thing is, my brother was able to do that this evening just fine, and I was even using the keyboard up until I gave it to my friend. Everything was okay. Then I gave it to my friend, he used Google Translate. Still fine. Languaged changed to Malay. Still fine. Then Friendly. Okay. Login. Okay. Typing a message? Not okay. Keyboard didn't show up.

I quit friendly, removed from task manager. The keyboard was fine in portrait in Spotlight, but when turned landscape the keyboard stayed portrait sized. By now I was alarmed. Then I tried a respring. Made it worse, now stuck at lockscreen with no keyboard. Shoot. Tried a hard reboot, a soft reboot. Nothing works. I dont wanna restore in iTunes! I got everything set up.By the way, everything is original. I think Black Keyboard is causing the problem. I do not have 5-row KB installed. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before your trouble began, did you have the keyboard on another language than Malay? It may be that the language change is what mucked it up (it's the only thing I can think of). It sounds as if that is the only thing you did differently ... change the language.

If you can, change the language to something other than Malay. If it won't respond so you can do that (in Settings), reboot it into Safe Mode - that should enable you to get into Settings to change the language.

If that doesn't work, go to Cydia and uninstall black keyboard. Reboot and see if that is what caused it. If need be, use Safe Mode to get to Cydia (the icon should be somewhere on one of your screens).

Let us know how it goes...

Marilyn

OP
KaiHD

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even in safe mode, the keyboard does not show up. I cannot enter my passcode- thus no access to Cydia OR Settings.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch!

Gosh, KaiHD, I got nothing more for you. If you can't put in your passcode to get to Settings or Cydia ... there's nothing for it but a restore. Sorry.

Maybe someone else can give you an option, but as far as I know, the only way around a passcode problem (which, technically, you have now - in addition to a wonky keyboard) is to restore.

Just think of it as a way to clean up your iPad from all the tweaks and such you loaded and then deleted. You can get rid of any spare code "hanging" around... :eek:

Again, sorry.

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is why I always set an activator thing for safe mode and to unlock. :D
Its gotten me out of many jams.

I am a thinkin' a restore is in your near future.
Its not the end of the world though. I have gotten used to restoring.
I just try to remember to do a quick pkgbackup before installing anything.

Last edited:
OP
KaiHD

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
This is why I always set an activator thing for safe mode and to unlock. :D
Its gotten me out of many jams.

I am a thinkin' a restore is in your near future.
Its not the end of the world though. I have gotten used to restoring.
I just try to remember to do a quick pkgbackup before installing anything.

Can you explain this further? Thanks.

- Sent from my Brand-New Jailbroken iPad 2! :D

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In activator I have set a short hold of the up volume button for safe mode. So, if my iPad boots funky, safe mode is always within reach.
(or button press :))

OP
KaiHD

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
In activator I have set a short hold of the up volume button for safe mode. So, if my iPad boots funky, safe mode is always within reach.
(or button press :))

I can just boot safe mode with SB settings. Thing is bypassing the passcode lock.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
I can just boot safe mode with SB settings. Thing is bypassing the passcode lock.

But I have had sbsettings screw up. Like if a popup comes it goes in front of sbsettings.

OP
KaiHD

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
But I have had sbsettings screw up. Like if a popup comes it goes in front of sbsettings.

Nope. Never happened to me. Anyway, I restored and now I got pkgbackup, so can someone close this thread, thanks. Also thanks to everyone who helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts