What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with jailbroken ipad problems please

JoshE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi just joined the forum in the hope that someone can help me out. ive got a couple of problems at the moment, firstly my device is an ipad2 running IOS 6.1 (I think) which a jailbroke when the untethered jail break was released and everything has been running fine since until I accidentally deleted my cydia icon yesterday (problem number one) then I connected the ipad to my laptop which I think tried to upgrade it and now its stuck in the connect to iTunes screen and I cant do anything with it. im pretty poor with computers so hoping someone can take me through step by step what I need to do. any help would be really really appreciated as Its quite stressful

OP
J

JoshE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
been trying to use tiny umberella to get the device out of recovery mode as ive seen in a few youtube videos but the apple logo flashes on as if its rebooting and then just goes straight back to the recovery mode screen telling me to connect to iTunes

OP
J

JoshE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incase anyone else finds this post in their darkest hour then here is what I did to get it working again. I downloaded the most uptodate IOS IPWS file (change the extension to ipsw) from the internet then did a manual restore on iTunes to the latest IOS (6.1.3) and then once it booted up restored all my apps and data from and icloud back up. which has got me working again on IOS 6.1.3 but no jailbreak.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry you had to lose your jail break - but am glad you got your iPad functioning again.

Here's hoping a jail break is found for iOS 7, yeah? And soon! :)

Marilyn

OP
J

JoshE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry you had to lose your jail break - but am glad you got your iPad functioning again.

Here's hoping a jail break is found for iOS 7, yeah? And soon! :)

Marilyn

Hi thanks for the reply, yeah I'm a bit annoyed that I can't get a jailbreak for a while but relived that I got it sorted in the end. Hopefully this post will help someone else with the same problem one day

Most reactions