What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Updating Ipad FIrmware to 4.3.3 lots of problems :/

coolertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm at my wits end with this so i'm forced to post for help

I purchased an ipad 1 with 4.2.1 firmware, I'm trying to get it on 4.3.3 via itunes, I've downloaded the 4.3.3 ipsw etc and when i try to restore in itunes i get the 3194 error, I've also tried with 4.3.2 ipsw also with the same problem.

I've tried a number of ways to overcome this, by editing the txt file in the system32/etc folder (the apple ip address is not showing)

I've tried to update with redsnow and managed to patch the 4.2.1 ipsw, get the ipad into dfu mode but then the ipad hangs on white screen while redsnow says "waiting for reboot", nothing happens (i've tried leaving it for hours)

I've also tried tiny umbrellla and cannot save any SHSH files.

all i want to do is end up with a jailbroken untethered ipad on 4.3.3 firmware.

Cheers

Pete

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at our Hacking Section stickies. I'm sorry to tell you that it's simply not possible. Apple are no longer signing 4.3.3 so, unless you have your 'blobs' saved, there's absolutely no way. You'll need to wait until a JB appears for future iOS releases - possibly/hopefully iOS5

Tim

OP
C

coolertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok cheers,

If i manage to use redsnow to jailbreak the 4.2.1 firmware thats already on it, is there any way i can get the firmware higher without breaking the jailbreak?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your only other option is 4.3.5 with a tethered jailbreak. That's all.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Again, that'd be a no.

If you don't have SHSH blobs for a particular firmware (in your case, 4.3.3), then you cannot load that version on your iPad. Can't.

If you manage to jailbreak the iPad at iOS 4.2.1, then that's where you'll have to stay for an UNtethered jailbreak. You could go to iOS 4.3.5 and jailbreak that, but it'd be tethered - which you say you don't want.

Have a look at this sticky for more details on jailbreaking iOS 4.2.1: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. Leigh - we've really got to coordinate better with this post at the same time stuff! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions