What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading firmware 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH?

Ludacristt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! So, I purchased my iPad 2 (wifi) last week and unintentionally updated the firmware from 4.3.3 to 4.3.5 without any knowledge of SHSH, blobs, or Tinyumbrella. I have since really wanted to jailbreak the iPad for a number of reasons, but have had no luck. I've done extensive reading on forums and blogs, but there seems to be no clear answer.

I am aware that you cannot directly jailbreak the ipad 2 on 4.3.5, but you CAN on 4.3.3. However, since I do not have any blobs is there any way for me to either downgrade to 4.3.3 or go ahead and jailbreak as-is (I'm even up for jailbreaking it tethered at this point).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to tell you that this is simply not possible. If you don't have your 'blobs' then you're out of luck and will need to wait for a JB for either 4.3.5 (unlikely) or iOS 5, which will prove a significant challenge. Also, just in case you're wondering, you can't use other people's blobs - a blob is inexericably linked to a specific physical iPad.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Tim

OP
L

Ludacristt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darn, sad to hear. Well, hopefully something will turn up!! Thanks!

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn this is the exact questions I had as well. When I first plugged it in I didnt even think about any of this and went straight to 4.3.5 without evening doing research about jailbreaking.

Can I ask does this still apply if you have a WIFI only model as this is what I have.

Are you also saying that if we upgrade to IOS5 we may still not be able to jailbreak??

thanks

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi, 3G, whatever. No blobs, no downgrade.
I would stay at 4.3.5 until a jailbreak is available for iOS 5 or the dev team tells you to upgrade.

It's a personal choice though. Stay on 4.3.5 in hopes for a jailbreak, or upgrade to iOS 5 and get all the new features.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the iPad is WiFi only or 3G. If you don't have blobs for iOS 4.3.3, you'll not be able to downgrade to that version and thus jail break it.

And, yes, right now, iOS 5 is not jail breakable. Well, technically, the beta versions are (for iPad1s with tethering). But, all is not lost because, actually, iOS 5 has not been released. So, no one really knows if it'll be jailbreakable, or when, or for what iPad versions.

The only thing we do know is that if you upgrade to iOS 5 before a jail break is done for that iOS, you won't be able to jail break it.

But, your odds of seeing a jailbreak for iOS 5 for the iPad2 are much greater than that for getting a jailbreak for iOS 4.3.4 or 4.3.5, IMNSHO. That's 'cause I think everyone is more focused on the upcoming iOS 5.

So, all you (we) can really do is hope that "they" can develop a jailbreak for iOS 5 for all versions ... and that rather soon, yeah? :)

Hope that makes sense...

Marilyn

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but do practice on saving your blobs for whatever you have right now, just in case you update and need to downgrade back to a lower firmware in case a jailbreak is available for that lower firmware.

shsh blobs can only be saved if apple is signing it at the moment, so even if you have 4.3.3 right now, you cannot save, because apple stop signing that a little while now.

CyberPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi, 3G, whatever. No blobs, no downgrade.
I would stay at 4.3.5 until a jailbreak is available for iOS 5 or the dev team tells you to upgrade.

It's a personal choice though. Stay on 4.3.5 in hopes for a jailbreak, or upgrade to iOS 5 and get all the new features.

Me too, i hope sooooo! :p

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone should do a public service and put stickers on all the boxes in the store, gigantic neon letters that say, "Don't Upgrade!"

judas113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help me.
i accidently upgraded my ios 4.3.3 to 4.3.5 on my ipad 2 16gb wifi only.
but i was jailbroken on ios 4.3.3 using jailbreakme.com , can i downgrade to ios 4.3.3 because i don't remember running tiny umbrella and saving my shsh blobs or did cydia saved it itself when i did my jailbreak.
kindly advise me!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please help me.
i accidently upgraded my ios 4.3.3 to 4.3.5 on my ipad 2 16gb wifi only.
but i was jailbroken on ios 4.3.3 using jailbreakme.com , can i downgrade to ios 4.3.3 because i don't remember running tiny umbrella and saving my shsh blobs or did cydia saved it itself when i did my jailbreak.
kindly advise me!

It all depends on when you performed the jailbreak and started using Cydia.
Follow this tutorial exactly as written and you will retrieve all of the SHSH Blobs to which you are entitled from both Cydia and Apple.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

If TU shows 4.3.3 in the list once you have finished then you are in luck. You can use the TSS Server within TU to help you restore to 4.3.3.

Most reactions

Latest posts