What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading Ipad 1 from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3

Blackburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I've got thru all the stickies posted on hackinh and it didnt help me on upgrading my pad to 4.3.3, and i even try DFU restore to unJB then iTune gave me this error 3194 :mad:

Is there any steps that i miss in upgrading my pad :confused:
FYI, i'm using redsnow on my current version breaked pad.

Thanks guys n gals :)
Calvin.

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google error 3194 ipad update there will be solutions available

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that iTunes is not talking to the Apple signing servers to get valid blobs. This is either because you are off-line (unlikely), or you previously used TinyUmbrella to store your SHSH Blobs and forgot to set an option on it, or you edited your hosts file manually.

By default, TU will set your hosts file to point to Cydia when it exits. This means if you ever want to install the latest firmware you may run into an unexpected 3194 error. To resolve this do the following:
Start TinyUmbrella, switch to the "Advanced" tab, and UNTICK the option which says "Set hosts to Cydia on exit", and click "Apply Changes".
Exit TU and try the restore again in iTunes using DFU mode. It should work this time.

If you have never used TinyUmbrealla, then perhaps you edited your hosts file manually? If so, you must edit it again and REMOVE the line in it which points to gs.apple.com. Then your restore will work.

Last edited:

canilangcd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone help me, i have jailbreak my ipad which is in 4.2.1 and i want to upgrade it to 4.3.3 is it possible? can someone show me a tutorial on how to do it coz im afraid i might broke my ipad. can i also say, is there a way i can save my apps ive already installed on my ipad? (sorry not good at english :D)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not possible to upgrade to 4.3.3. Apple are only signing iOS 4.3.5 now. If you have an iPad1 you can perform this upgrade and jailbreak, but it will be a tethered jailbreak. There is no iPad1 untethered jailbreak available for 4.3.5.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tim is right, however if you were already jailbroken and using Cydia then there is a good chance your SHSH's are saved. Follow this tutorial exactly and if you see 4.3.3 blobs like are shown at the start of the tutorial, then you should be able to follow it to get to 4.3.3.

However you will first need to update to 4.3.5 so that your baseband is at the correct version. DO NOT DO THIS unless you are SURE that your 4.3.3 blobs are clearly shown in either Cydia or TinyUmbrella before you restore.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

cybertron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also need some help please.I bought an already jailbroken iPad 1 from a friend and I managed to synchronize with my pc and install fresh apps on it. Now I want to upgrade it from 4.2.1 to 4.3.5. Can somebody please help me out? Please!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also need some help please.I bought an already jailbroken iPad 1 from a friend and I managed to synchronize with my pc and install fresh apps on it. Now I want to upgrade it from 4.2.1 to 4.3.5. Can somebody please help me out? Please!

Follow the tutorial above and it will help you. However, you should really aim for 4.3.3 as this is the best firmware to jailbreak. 4.3.5 is tethered, which is not such a good experience.
If you follow the tutorial in my previous post you will use TinyUmbrella and you will find out which firmware versions you are entitled to install. Hopefully 4.3.3 will be in the list. Then just follow the tutorial to the end.

However, if you want to save your JB apps and settings then you might also like to look into a Cydia app such as PkgBackup which will help you do that first before you upgrade...

Most reactions

Latest posts