What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downgrading firmware 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH?

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mm that was a lovely glass of wine!!

I thought it was possible to jailbreak 4.3.5 but it would be tethered rather than untethered!

It was, but if you bought an iPad2 out of the box since 4.3.5 came out then you are screwed because you have no blobs from 4.3.3 to downgrade to. If you can't downgrade to 4.3.3 then no jailbreak at all. Tethered or untethered. :(

clementandre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a way to find out the orginal firmware of my ipad2? out of the box.? i suspect i auto updated it to the 4.3.5 version and now cant jailbreak casue i dont know the orginal version, im on a 16 gig wifi. - no 3g

my ipad 2 shows less channels than what i can see on a normal pc and my iphone and always says temp unavaibale. ple try again in a minute. any explanation? for veetle .com
ACTUALLY all the channels can be seen on my iphone 4. and even be played on my iphone 4.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a way to find out the orginal firmware of my ipad2? out of the box.? i suspect i auto updated it to the 4.3.5 version and now cant jailbreak casue i dont know the orginal version, im on a 16 gig wifi. - no 3g

my ipad 2 shows less channels than what i can see on a normal pc and my iphone and always says temp unavaibale. ple try again in a minute. any explanation? for veetle .com
ACTUALLY all the channels can be seen on my iphone 4. and even be played on my iphone 4.

Let me be clear here. You took out 4 threads about this. All have been deleted, except one.

Now this.

Be careful here or you may not be around to get the help you so desperately seek. Got it?

Be patient, please.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

It doesn't matter what version your iPad2 was running when you took it out of the box. If you just got it, you didn't save SHSH blobs for iOS version 4.3.3 (which is the only jailbreakable iOS version for the iPad2).

Sorry, but auto updating to iOS 4.3.5 locked you into that version for the foreseeable future.

Marilyn

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suffianstar said:
ok.. so rumour 's about ios 5 when will be release??? jailbreak?

Early October along with iPhone 5 as far as rumors are concerned. Every beta of iOS 5 was jail broken, so no reason the final version won't get it also.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suffianstar said:

Early October along with iPhone 5 as far as rumors are concerned. Every beta of iOS 5 was jail broken, so no reason the final version won't get it also.

The dev team is working on an untethered for iOS 5 for Limera1n devices.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suffianstar said:

Just want to clarify, beta's of iOS 5 were jailbroken on devices with the A4 chip, not the A5 which the iPad2 has, is this correct?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suffianstar said:

Just want to clarify, beta's of iOS 5 were jailbroken on devices with the A4 chip, not the A5 which the iPad2 has, is this correct?

Yep. As my post above says.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought so but not everyone knows that limera1n is for A4 devices only, I could see iPad 2 newcomers getting confused.

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has there been any update to this?

I have a non jail broken ipad2 wifi only.. It has 4.3.5 but I don't have any saved shsh blobs....

Can I do anything jail broken related.. Happy to avoid ios 5 for time being if needed...

Most reactions