What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please, Desperate with upgrading Ipad

Momoclax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first posting since joined to this forum 2010 :)
My brother sent me an Ipad 1 wifi to upgrade to OS 5.1.1
Current os is 4.2.1 JB with Greepoison RC5, I think I was made mistake to do Reset All Setting, Ipad just restart and stuck on apple Logo.
First I download IPSW (5.1.1) and trying to restore in DFU mode, but Itunes said firmware is corrupted, redownload it 2 times, but getting same result.
so I download ver 5.0.1. download is success but Upgrade always fail, itunes keep give some error (3194, 3014, 16xx),
I just following all possible instruction like editing HOSTS, changing 3 USB Cable, using 3 PC, using any tools like TU, iReb, redsn0w, greepois0n,etc but still have no luck :)

really desperate with this situation, help please to get a solution. what should I to do ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I must agree with you - reset all settings was not the thing to do with the jail broken iPad.

So, try this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly (to include downloading the 5.1.1 IPSW from this site), you should end up with an iPad1 running stock on iOS 5.1.1.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
M

Momoclax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid I must agree with you - reset all settings was not the thing to do with the jail broken iPad.

So, try this tutorial: Sorry Link remove, I Can't post with link for now (I only have 1 post)
If you follow all the steps exactly (to include downloading the 5.1.1 IPSW from this site), you should end up with an iPad1 running stock on iOS 5.1.1.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Thank you so much for fast reply, I will follow that tutorial. hope it can solve my problem

OP
M

Momoclax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's work ! thank you so much for refreshing my brain after 3 days :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! That tutorial of f4780y's is wonderful, isn't it? I'm so glad to have it handy to point to - cause it works!

And, for future reference (and to you lurkers who are reading this thread) - NEVER attempt to use any of the handy, on-iPad "Reset" functions from the Settings app on a jail broken iPad. Because you WILL mess it up. Use iTunes to restore or update the iPad....

</public service announcement>

Glad you got it sorted, momoclax. And, thanks for coming back to tell us of your success. Always nice to hear back that our advice worked. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts