What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help needed...

ratcatchervw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey all im new here :) love the ipad to bits, i do have a question though...

i have jailbroke my ipad and thought id use ssh to transfer my movies over as when i plug it into itunes it says it wants to remove all my apps (as i have used installous to get them).

as i dont want to loose any of my apps, i can not now update my movies onto my ipad :(

so this is where i have to use ssh, i downloaded it from cydia, all went great, opened up winscp and i cant find where i stick my videos, theres no folders?!

any help from the experts here would be great :) thankyou x

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, no one here will help you because we aren't supposed to be talking about installous and cracked apps.

Second, the answer to your question can be found with literally seconds of searching on google.

I never understood people who would rather wait HOURS for someone else to hopefully answer their question instead of just searching for the answer themselves.

To semi answer your question without helping you, yes, there are multiple ways to accomplish what you want. One way is a PITA but it allows you to restore your iPad and be up and running again within minutes. The other way is much easier but if you ever have to restore you are SOL and will have to redownload each app separately.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never understood people who would rather wait HOURS for someone else to hopefully answer their question instead of just searching for the answer themselves.
I quit trying to figure out people a long time ago. I now participate or have participated in over 20 forums and what you observe is pretty universal.

I used to tell people that they could easily find the answer by searching for it themselves. When this didn't work, I would actually tell them specifically where to find the answer. Eventually I gave up! It is like hitting your head against a brick wall. The wall is unaffected and you just end up with a headache!

Fo whatever reason, people come to forums looking for answers. They don't want to be told where to find the answer and they certainly don't want to be lectured on how easy it is to find the answer for themselves.

If I am in the right mood and the planets are in alignment, I will just go ahead and answer the question because that's all they want anyway.

[/RANT] OFF

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am on the same planet just upside down. Lol oh and sun is shining

Have to warn the op though as it's illegal to discuss what he said on his post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

ratcatchervw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.... Thanks! I came to this forum for advice, not a lecture on what i should and shouldn't do!
I I'm not allowed to talk about cracked apps etc why is there an area in this forum that titles cracked app?

Thanks again all, great help!

Not much point having a forum if no one wants to help!!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
While I sympathize with your rigorous approach Muyoso I fear it lacks a degree of compassion and certainly goes against the intentions of these forums.

As in many walks of life knowing the right question to ask is the first step to enlightenment.

Search engines work on complicated algorithms and choosing the right keywords to search is often a major difficulty.
In these forums people get a chance to explain their problem more fully and get more efficient solutions more quickly. I hope.

Sadly I remain incarcerated and unjailbroken so can't help in this case...

Most reactions

Latest posts