What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 Dropped-Not sure what is wrong

flick16740

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my Ipad- It hit the ground pretty hard, I thought it would be ok, as I had a Griffin case on it.

Now when I turn the Ipad on there are lines and I can't see anything on the screen- SCREEN IS NOT cracked or broken anywhere on the front. Whatever it is is something on the inside.

Can someone please help me figure out first what is wrong, and if it is worth getting fixed, or do I just start looking for a new one????? I've only had this for just over a year.

Thanks so much!!!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dropped my Ipad- It hit the ground pretty hard, I thought it would be ok, as I had a Griffin case on it.

Now when I turn the Ipad on there are lines and I can't see anything on the screen- SCREEN IS NOT cracked or broken anywhere on the front. Whatever it is is something on the inside.

Can someone please help me figure out first what is wrong, and if it is worth getting fixed, or do I just start looking for a new one????? I've only had this for just over a year.

Thanks so much!!!

Gosh, sorry to hear that flick, it must be upsetting for you. Obviously something was jolted inside as you say. If it is no longer under warranty, which may not cover dropping it, you will need to decide whether to repair it comparing that to the cost of another iPad eg a refurbished one from Apple.
BUT, there is something you can try which, surprisingly in my reading, has had results for members. Take off any iPad cover and with the flat of your hand give the back of the iPad say four or five solid slaps. Sounds silly I know. But strange screen problems after dropping have sometimes been known to have been fixed that way.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Geez that sucks. I would have thought that Griffin case would have protected it a lot more.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Gosh, sorry to hear that flick, it must be upsetting for you. Obviously something was jolted inside as you say. If it is no longer under warranty, which may not cover dropping it, you will need to decide whether to repair it comparing that to the cost of another iPad eg a refurbished one from Apple. BUT, there is something you can try which, surprisingly in my reading, has had results for members. Take off any iPad cover and with the flat of your hand give the back of the iPad say four or five solid slaps. Sounds silly I know. But strange screen problems after dropping have sometimes been known to have been fixed that way. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
That isn't as kinky as it sounds, sometimes all I have to do is squeeze the back to the front! I don't take off the back cover! but just squish the front to the back ( when I am having screen troubles and it works!) . Try it my way first, if that doesn't help take the back cover off and spank it softly, I bet it resets the screen into it's regular slot from which it was nudged when you dropped it!! :) GOOD LUCK :)

Be Love and Beloved

Most reactions

Latest posts