What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hauppauge Launches Live TV Support for the iPad and iPhone

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, this just came across the wires at work for anyone interested:

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., May 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Hauppauge Digital, Inc. (Nasdaq: HAUP), the world's leading developer and manufacturer of TV tuner products for personal computers, announced today that their WinTV-HVR TV tuner boards for PCs can now stream live TV over the Internet to the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch and any Apple Macintosh computer which supports a Safari web browser. Live TV for these Apple devices is provided by Hauppauge's "WinTV Extend", which will be a feature in Hauppauge's new WinTV v7.2 application. WinTV Extend transmits live TV to Internet and WiFi connected devices such as the Apple iPad, iPhone and others. The WinTV v7.2 application provides live TV and TV recording to PCs equipped with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR TV tuner. Hauppauge WinTV-HVR TV tuners bring live TV, both standard definition and HD TV, into Windows based PCs. The new WinTV Extend feature will take the live TV signal and transmit it over the Internet where it can be received by the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, or by a Mac computer, through the Safari web browser. With a WinTV-HVR TV tuner and WinTV Extend running on a PC at home, a user of a supported Apple device can be anywhere in the world and can have live TV from their home sent over the Internet to their Apple device screen. On the large screen iPad or a Mac computer, the live TV image can be displayed along side the TV tuner channel list from your WinTV-HVR at home. On the iPhone and iPod touch, the user can switch between the display of the TV channel list and live TV. The WinTV v7.2 application will include WinTV Extend and will be available directly from Hauppauge at a cost of $9.95. Current owners of WinTV-HVR's can upgrade to WinTV v7.2 Details will be available on the Hauppauge website. About Hauppauge Hauppauge Digital, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAUP) is a leading developer and manufacturer of digital TV tuner products for personal computers. Through its Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc. and Hauppauge Digital Europe subsidiaries, the Company designs and develops digital TV video boards for TV-in-a-window, digital video editing and video conferencing. The Company is headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, with administrative offices in New York, Singapore, Taiwan, Ireland and Luxembourg and sales offices in Germany, London, Paris, The Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Spain Singapore and California. The Company's Internet web site can be found at http://www.hauppauge.com. Hauppauge, the Hauppauge logo and WinTV are registered trademarks of Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc. Apple, iPhone, iPod and iMac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Other product or service names herein are the trademarks of their respective owners . SOURCE Hauppauge Digital, Inc.

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW this sounds big! I have slingbox, but this seems to be the best solution to date! Great thing is I already have a Hauppauge WinTV card in my computer! Hopefully my model is compatable, and I can purchase the $10 software! Stay tuned as I will try it when I get home tonight! :D
Big thanks for the news!!

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@baaagear. Did you get a chance to try it yet? I really want to know how this looks with 3G, as it could push me over the edge and make me order another iPad (I have a 32gb wifi)

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@baaagear. Did you get a chance to try it yet? I really want to know how this looks with 3G, as it could push me over the edge and make me order another iPad (I have a 32gb wifi)

I tried last night and downloaded the software, but found out after calling them this morning that I needed their CD Rom with the complete program on it. It's $10, no problem, but they DO NOT have a pay download system so I have to wait for snail mail to deliver it to me now :( And here I thought this was 2010, go figure...

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I tried last night and downloaded the software, but found out after calling them this morning that I needed their CD Rom with the complete program on it. It's $10, no problem, but they DO NOT have a pay download system so I have to wait for snail mail to deliver it to me now :( And here I thought this was 2010, go figure...

Yeah, I am waiting on the cd too... :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts