What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hauppauge live TV streaming to safari browser

gifty74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any updated on this? Have they improved the quality? Is it still a good option over the pricey option of buying a new Solo Slingbox and paying $30 for the Slingbox app?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my research, the EyeTV cannot be beat for all it does. I like when nature calls and I am in the middle of a race or game on TV, I can go to my iPad and not lose a minute. Or I can use the app to record a show on my computer while not leaving my living room. And if nothing else, it makes a good PiP alternative.

Newtotv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just beware when using 3G

I have a data plan on my iPhone which is limited. How much data will WinTV Extend use? - well I read the answer to this on their hauppauge web site and it said 450mb for 10 hrs (45mb per hr) so I used it for a total of just 6 hrs knowing that should be under my plan allowance (400mb) - but I just got a bill for $ 620.00 from my 3G provider it uses 275mb per hr - not 45mb (275 @ $0.50c per mb ( charged when I go over my plan ) =$137.00 per hr- so not good to use on 3G network unless you have a massive plan I am now having to pay off my bill and have not heard back from *hauppauge about the answer on their web site - I can only hope that others will see this post before trying it like I did*- I now only use it over wifi - I learnt the hard way and wont use it over 3G again ( which by the way was the main reason I wanted it

shhardyme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 950Q but I think a better solution is getting a Vulkano Flow for $89 and the Vulkano app for $12.99. The picture is near HD quality and full screen. The only drawback is you can only watch the TV channel that the Flow is showing.

I will continue to use the 950Q during football season when I want to watch another event while watching the Pats!

suel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have just purchased an eyetv mobile device, but I cannot get reception. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can boost the signal? change antennas? Thanks, Sue

By the way I am interested in not over the internet - data charges - the eyetv is a "set top box on the go" and why pay data when its free?

Last edited:

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Hauppauge card and use the Splashtop app with the ipad. Works great. Then i also use my Apple tv to send it wireless to my HD tv.

Most reactions

Latest posts