What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenpois0n Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak Released

Reaction score
Got the windows version installed, and everything seems to be working fine, except for the Cydia Store, it loads all right, but is unable to fully add repos (even the Big Boss). It just starts complaining about some POSIX error at some point. So right now some apps from Big Boss are there, like 3G unrestrictor, but for example MyWi is missing.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also have some problems on my iPhone - ipad is fine - then again I used apt backup for iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spink10 said:
Also have some problems on my iPhone - ipad is fine - then again I used apt backup for iPad.

Spink did u upgrade iPad to stock 4.2.1 before upgrade?

blac2k8cs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I was finally able to get the windows version of greenposi0n and complete my jailbreak. It feels great to be untethered now. I did run into one issue for those who are going to be doing this. I was jailbroken with redsnow(tethered) before this. When I intially tried to jail break with green pois0n it did NOT work. Make sure you do follow the instuctions and start with a clean firmware install. If you are having problems installing cydia afterwards you can use redsnow to install the cydia package only. It worked for me doing it this way. This will work for you as well if you do not have wifi access to install cydia.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are the insteuctions for the windows version? I have the windows n Mac version jailbrake Zips stored in my goodreader app ;-)
Or do yall mean follow the onscreen insteuctions closely? Not my first time jailbrakin. Juss wanna be sure. Also, is the latest version of itunes needed to back up my 4.2.1 firmware?

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Where are the insteuctions for the windows version? I have the windows n Mac version jailbrake Zips stored in my goodreader app ;-)
Or do yall mean follow the onscreen insteuctions closely? Not my first time jailbrakin. Juss wanna be sure. Also, is the latest version of itunes needed to back up my 4.2.1 firmware?

If you want a tutorial check out iClarified

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything fine. Directly upgraded from Redsn0w RC6 according to the on-screen instructions.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

If you want a tutorial check out iClarified

And here is the link that you forgot to post.

iClarified - iPad - How to Jailbreak Your iPad Using Greenpois0n (Mac) [4.2.1]

:p

joeanne12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4.2.1 and would like to know if I have to restore through iTunes befor I jailbreak as I have downloaded quite a few apps. Thanks.

mi04se1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4.2.1 and would like to know if I have to restore through iTunes befor I jailbreak as I have downloaded quite a few apps. Thanks.
I jb'd with the way my Ipad came from BB (4.2.1) and the screen was messed up. I restored 4.2.1 with Itunes, then jb'd and it was fine.

Most reactions