What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greenpois0n RC5 WINDOWS VERSION release

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ Rokr:

1. On your iPad home screen, tap the Settings icon
  2. Tap General in the menu to the left of the screen, then tap Reset
  3. Here, you will have two options:
    1. "Reset All Settings" will restore all of your app settings to their original status
    2. "Erase All Content and Settings" will reset all app settings and erase all of your data (photos, apps, bookmarks, music, etc.)
  4. After selecting one of the two options above, your iPad will reboot
  5. If you selected "Erase All Content and Settings", you will need to reconnect your iPad to iTunes in order to reactivate it
and I guess you need to restore the 4.2.1 FW via Itunes to complet...

imagica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they can use this over Redsnow. I would prefer not to have to do a restore. The online instructions I found here did not say.

appadvice.com/appnn/2011/02/jailbreak-ios-421-untethered-windows/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AppAdvice+%28AppAdvice%29

Well i installed it over my iPad tethered Jailbroken with RedSnow ... and its working fine .. all my settings and apps were untouched .. and i have no issues at the moment ...

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I performed the Reset all settings. Then went to itunes to do a restore but it said it was in recovery mode and couldn't restore until it was out of recovery mode. Did a redsn0w tethered reboot to get it out of recovery mode. Tried the restore in itunes again and still got an error. Rebooted with reds0w again and still can't restore via itunes...?

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw several people say they could do GP jailbreak over their existing redsn0w jb. Tried that too.. during the loading screen text i saw...

unable to find fs_mount
unable to find fs_unmount
unable to find xxx (didn't get a chance to read this one)

Lots of text lots of text lots of text

error, no successful firmware dl after 60000 ms!! Giving up...

Lots of text lots of text

reboots, then goes to itunes logo with cable image...

Any ideas?
Little worried as this is my school computer...

edit... had to do another redsn0w reboot so I can use the ipad for school today. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giving it an average of 5-10 min after the entire process. After the whole giving up messages and other boot info, it reboots and then powers on with apple logo, then goes straight to itunes screen which is itunes logo with the usb cord image below it. It stays on that screen. Once I plug it into the pc for itunes to recognize it, itunes says that it's in recovery mode and must be out of that mode for itunes to interact with it.

Rokr

imagica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use TinyUmbrella to get out of recovery mode and then try again ... Well i also had that error displayed but i waited and everything was done under 5 mins.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also got the same error messages....I was pissed anyways so I just let it go, proceeded to enjoy a bowl of herbal refreshment to get in a better mood and by the time I was done the jailbreak was complete. Haven't had any problems and have had to reboot a few times here and there from Cydia updates. Everything works great!

Mrbojenglz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is in here somewhere but I couldn't find it. Will jailbreaking my ipad erase any data? In particular my saved game data or any apps I've downloaded? Saved games is the important part but I'd at least like to know if I should make a list of the apps I currently have installed.

Reaction score
You are fine.

For one are all your apps and data saved in iTunes and second and most importantly does jail breaking not effect your apps/game data in a visible way. Basically you jb and then go right back to where you where before the jb, except that you also have the jb options available.

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know anything about tiny umbrella... quick crash course please?

Mrbojenglz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are fine.

For one are all your apps and data saved in iTunes and second and most importantly does jail breaking not effect your apps/game data in a visible way. Basically you jb and then go right back to where you where before the jb, except that you also have the jb options available.

Awesome. Thanks! Gonna jailbreak tomorrow.

Henning737

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Bluetooth was only disabled on the early beta versions of the redsn0w monte untether. It has always been enabled and working via greenpois0n.
Hope that helps.

Cool - yes that helps - thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions