What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good news

jdb2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update on I pad delivery. Here in 4 days. A lot early than expected. Decent ;)

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jdb2005 said:
Just an update on I pad delivery. Here in 4 days. A lot early than expected. Decent ;)

Me too delivery tomorrow 10/6 instead of 22nd. Happy happy happy fingers crossed :)

OP
J

jdb2005

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah can't wait to get it going all my magazines, movies and music on it, also will be getting some educational apps for kids, and a bit of angry birds for myself. Loving it already and I've not got it!!! :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jdb2005 said:

Enjoy yourself, it's an incredible device. :)

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jdb2005 said:
Yeah can't wait to get it going all my magazines, movies and music on it, also will be getting some educational apps for kids, and a bit of angry birds for myself. Loving it already and I've not got it!!! :)

Now remember we have to check for light bleeding. I saw on a post. Take it to a dark place and turn it on and hope there is no light out the sides they said. :-/

bhwolfman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suz26 said:
Now remember we have to check for light bleeding. I saw on a post. Take it to a dark place and turn it on and hope there is no light out the sides they said. :-/

I have yet to see an iPad that doesn't have some bleeding. Unless it's AMOLED or similar, some variation seems likely. Debating if I want to take mine back, figure I will wait until stock is better and maybe the production issues are resolved. Still, not sure there is a defect per se, I have seen pictures of some that are really bad but majority seem fairly minor, IMHO. I find dead/stuck pixels much more annoying.

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
suz26 said:

I have yet to see an iPad that doesn't have some bleeding. Unless it's AMOLED or similar, some variation seems likely. Debating if I want to take mine back, figure I will wait until stock is better and maybe the production issues are resolved. Still, not sure there is a defect per se, I have seen pictures of some that are really bad but majority seem fairly minor, IMHO. I find dead/stuck pixels much more annoying.

First bleeding now dead pixels to worry about waaaaaaaaaa please no! I dont think I could take the disappointment. Hope I strike it lucky its due today so will be crying or smiling later lol

bhwolfman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dee Ashley said:
We got 2 ipads 2 weeks ago with no bleeding at all.

Part of the problem with the bleeding issue is that each iPad has a different severity, some barely noticeable or even just the way the technology works (no back lit screen with this technology will be uniformly perfect, it is just the nature of the tech) while others have it pretty bad and an obvious problem.

Couple that with people who have different tolerances and drawing subjective conclusions, such as 'mine has it really bad!' ... My guess is your iPads fall within the normal range. Heck, even my high end LCD monitors for my pc aren't perfect.

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
suz26 said:
First bleeding now dead pixels to worry about waaaaaaaaaa please no! I dont think I could take the disappointment. Hope I strike it lucky its due today so will be crying or smiling later lol

Yayyyyyyy all is good no bleeding. Happy days :)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Variations in backlight bleeding occur in even the most expensive LCD displays. My $2,000 30" display has a touch of it on the left side if I look for it really hard, friends who have different pro displays have some of it in varying degrees.

Having said that, I'm impressed that the two iPad2s that I've owned have had near-perfect displays, and I don't recall reading of anyone having dead pixels.

Apple is producing about 8 million iPads per quarter. There's bound to be some that fall below specs. But Apple will replace devices with no hassles.

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Variations in backlight bleeding occur in even the most expensive LCD displays. My $2,000 30" display has a touch of it on the left side if I look for it really hard, friends who have different pro displays have some of it in varying degrees.

Having said that, I'm impressed that the two iPad2s that I've owned have had near-perfect displays, and I don't recall reading of anyone having dead pixels.

Apple is producing about 8 million iPads per quarter. There's bound to be some that fall below specs. But Apple will replace devices with no hassles.

I am so relieved all was ok. I couldn't face returning it and with no Apple shop or even supplier near me it was going to be a pain to return it.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts