What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frequent Requests to Login to Yahoo mail - why?

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2 and iPhone 4S running IOS 9.1. Over the last few weeks, maybe longer, I get frequent requests from various app to log into my Yahoo mail account (specifically, to enter the password). Even though the Mail app is happy to access my Yahoo email (so it thinks I'm logged in), apps like Contacts and miniKeePass will say there was a problem accessing my Yahoo mail so please reenter the password. Saying OK takes me to the settings for Mail.... which prompts for the password. These apps do need to access my Yahoo mail (no surprise there) but why do they have issues requiring me to reenter the password. Since I use a password manager I have a long Yahoo password which makes things much worse.

So, why do these apps want me to reenter my Yahoo password so often? Sometimes several times a week!

-- Larry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yahoo has always been a bit weird with logins; though I thought it was doing better lately.

The easiest thing to do is to simply delete the account Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then add it again. This has a tendancy to reset everything.

Tell it to delete local data when you remove the account. Since all the data is stored on Yahoo's servers it will all sync back to the iPad when you re-add the account.

This should fie the issue, at least for a while.

Most reactions