What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone monitor these forums.?
As a brand new member I was asking about how people have gotten around flash player and if there were Apps to do that. I am just not as smart as some of you. One member gave such a meaningful answer that made it very clear. Another memberc said I was a jusT another piece if spam and told me to FOAD!
Unbelievable. If you don't know what FOAD means, look it up ! It is a very foul way of telling some to die!
I wish there were some ways that someon could be monitoring or that there was an easy way for users to notify the powers that be about inappropriate language.
I am a old lady who drinks TaB all day (when I can find it .. Thus my name)) and am just trying to learn the ins and outs of the
iPad like a lot of other people who thought this was a friendly forum,
And some punk tells me to FOAD?!
I suggest that this behavior not be tolerated. I see the rules. But what does anyone do about ?
Thank you for any suggestions you may have to handle these events/people(?),

Is this your first forum? Mods can not be every where. They have jobs, a life. I am sorry someone told you to Foad, but you should have hit him with a smiley or something ~ Or find Matt. He is hilarious with these fools.:D

Learn to play the game and not be so sensitive ~ I love this place and have learned much ~

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not edit my post for some reason. But I wanted to add:

If all else fails ~ lose the Tab ~ and open some wine and cheese.:D I didn't know they still made Tab. I used to drink that too!

Tabhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great idea, Sweet Poison, but impossible to implement!

I could not edit my post for some reason. But I wanted to add:

If all else fails ~ lose the Tab ~ and open some wine and cheese.:D I didn't know they still made Tab. I used to drink that too!

Oh no.. Any thing but " lose the TaB"...it is too hard to find! That would be a cruel and unusual punishment! It is my favorite! Love the wine concept, but have gotten allergic to alcohol in my advancing years and can't sip a bit of it! The worst!
Appreciate your input & I get your point. In my case I will try to chill and go outt and hunt for MORE TaB. Nothing like a frosty TaB to cool my jets!

Tabhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THE complaint button!

Thanks for all who pointed out the easiest discrete way to voice concern. I didn't know about the button in the lower left side of box. So much to learn.. So liitle time.
Thank you for your help. I hope I do not have to hit the complaint button again. I love learning from this site!

Tabhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are generic smilies importable?

That's why I have my Corvette Forums ones bookmarked for better use.

Smilie List - Corvette Forum

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/smash.gif

Ok.. I went to the corvette forum that you listeda and checked out the smilise list. I tried to export one to this reply, but not sure it worked. (Maybe when I post it his it will show.) If not, how does one export to use in other forums?
Are they even allowed in this forum or are they restricted to the corvette forum. As you see, I know squat about these type of issues and how to use and move those smilies. Actually I find most annoying, but still wanna know how to do it! They are listed as generic smilies so I imagine they are listed and available to copy from elsewhere,also. But where and how?
Thanks for any help you may have.
Bear with me. We all started in Kindergarten at one time.

Tabhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smilie import question any 12 year old could answer..but I am 112

That's why I have my Corvette Forums ones bookmarked for better use.

Smilie List - Corvette Forum

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/smash.gif

Ok.. I went to your corvette forum that you listed and checked out the smilies list. I tried to export one to use this reply, but not sure it worked.

It didn't!!! Just put in http address which I did not hope or mean to happen. But I see if I click on that address I get the smilie. But that is not right. Sorry about including the http. My ignorant experiment did not work. Obvious l need direction.

There are way more smilies on this site than I will ever use and maybe that is what we are to do. Stick with the smilies provided in the forum I am presently using..Right? But why do you have your smilies from the Corvette Forum so readily available like you are going to use them in a sec. How do you use them in a sec in this forum?:confused:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok.. I went to your corvette forum that you listed and checked out the smilies list. I tried to export one to use this reply, but not sure it worked.

It didn't!!! Just put in http address which I did not hope or mean to happen. But I see if I click on that address I get the smilie. But that is not right. Sorry about including the http. My ignorant experiment did not work. Obvious l need direction.
In order to get the images to show up, you have to put image tags around the URL. Replace the [/b] and /url tags with [b][img][/b...eforum.com/get/images/smilies/smash.gif[/img]

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think anyone reads these, but here goes...

I just created a signature that I am happy with. On a couple of other forums that appear to use the same software, whenever I make a signature change, it gets applied to all of my previously made posts but here it doesn't. Is it possible to implement that???

Alling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
simonalling.webs.com
Weird!

I just created a signature that I am happy with. On a couple of other forums that appear to use the same software, whenever I make a signature change, it gets applied to all of my previously made posts but here it doesn't. Is it possible to implement that???
Very strange! My changes get applied to all my posts. We're talking about a signature, which by definition means changes SHOULD be applied to every single one.

I'd suggest talking to an administrator about the problem.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
On this forum it does change on all posts.

However posts you made before you had a signature will remain to have no signature for some reason.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did send a note to the "webmaster" to see if this can be implemented here. No response... yet!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are signatures acceptable in your forums??
They sure are! Before you add a signature or respond to posts, you should read the forum rules. As far as signatures, this is a snip from the rules about that:

7. Do not promote your websites, domains, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, replying to a post, or putting it in your signature.

Here is a link to the rules:
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your way:
image1.jpg

My way:
image2.jpg

smash.gif

I understand about adding tags at the end, as that is the case with most sites I'm on, but how do you get the URL on these smilies? All I get is the name of the smiley.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you do is get the URL of the graphic and paste it in with the "img" tags. Maybe I don't understand the question?

Most reactions