What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Movies & Actors

Tablet Junkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite actress is Deanna Durbin who made 21 movies during her career and became the highest paid female in the United States:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will Smith in I am Legend and Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Only those guys can execute it when half of the movie is just them and their thoughts.

I would take Will Smith and everything he's done as my favorite actor and body of work.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Denzel Washington
Tom Hanks
Tommy Lee Jones

Any movie with one of those actors in it, I will almost certainly see the movie without regard to the plot. For example Deja Vu would not have interested me, but because it had Washington in it, I watched it and loved it.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actor - Tom Hanks

Movie maker (writer/director) - Kevin Smith

I know, two complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also like Tony Scott for a lot of his things..mostly with Denzel Washington though.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also like Tony Scott for a lot of his things..mostly with Denzel Washington though.

Tony Scott, had to look him up, I have heard of his brother Ridley, but never Tony before. He has some good credits though.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Him and D.Washington seem to work together a lot...some of the better ones from him:

Deja Vu
Man on Fire (one of my all time favorite movies)
Taking of Pelham 123
Crimson Tide
Enemy of the State
Spy Game
Top Gun

And he's got another one called Unstoppable in post production with...guess who...Denzel Washington

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always thought Top Gun was Simson/Bruckheimer, but I see they just produced it and Tony Scott actually directed it. And I also love Man on Fire, great movie.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, and unfortunately it's not the version Netflix has. Heck I didn't even remember that Dakota Fanning played the kid in it. Definitely going to have to watch it again.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the DC version, (highlight the text to see the spoiler)

Washington sleeps with the wife and also blows himself up at the end instead of being just captured and dying.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that you say that, I'm guessing it IS the DC version I saw. Actually think that was a movie from my media collecting days (buying DVDs) and if I went into the attic of the garage, I may still have the DVD. (I use iTunes and Netflix for movies now)

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom Hanks
Anthony Hopkins
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington
Leonardo DiCaprio
Russell Crowe
Cate Blanchett
Edward Norton

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tom Hanks
Anthony Hopkins
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington
Leonardo DiCaprio
Russell Crowe
Cate Blanchett
Edward Norton

Wow, I just saw in your avatar - Clockwork Orange. That is one of the few films where I need an emotional break in the middle (the other is Blackhawk Down)

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tom Hanks
Anthony Hopkins
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington
Leonardo DiCaprio
Russell Crowe
Cate Blanchett
Edward Norton

Wow, I just saw in your avatar - Clockwork Orange. That is one of the few films where I need an emotional break in the middle (the other is Blackhawk Down)

You see, I must not be getting Clockwork Orange, because I need a break to wake up when I watch it. (Granted topless women running around is never bad)

Most reactions