What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engraved IPAD Delayed; letter from Apple

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
=(

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPad purchase at the Apple Online Store.

Although we strive to meet every delivery commitment, we regret to
inform you that your personalized iPad may be delayed until, March 20.

We want you to experience the new iPad as soon as possible.
As a result, we're offering to expedite a replacement standard
non-personalized iPad for you on March 16.

If you are interested in receiving the non-personalized iPad, please
reply to this email by 4:00 p.m. local time today, March 14,

If you choose to recieve the replacement iPad, you'll also receive an
email from FedEx with prepaid return labels. Please use these labels to
return the personalized iPad.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your
business.

Sincerely,
The Apple Online Store.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
=(

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPad purchase at the Apple Online Store.

Although we strive to meet every delivery commitment, we regret to
inform you that your personalized iPad may be delayed until, March 20.

We want you to experience the new iPad as soon as possible.
As a result, we're offering to expedite a replacement standard
non-personalized iPad for you on March 16.

If you are interested in receiving the non-personalized iPad, please
reply to this email by 4:00 p.m. local time today, March 14,

If you choose to recieve the replacement iPad, you'll also receive an
email from FedEx with prepaid return labels. Please use these labels to
return the personalized iPad.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your
business.

Sincerely,
The Apple Online Store.

That does blow. Why not have them send you a non-personalized iPad 3 and then send IT back when your personalized iPad shows up?

Weird.

Perhaps that's what you should do anyhow! Just return the other one in due course. ;)

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going out of town on the 19th to celebrate our anniversary, which is what the engraving was. I requested a expedited normal one, with the case I bought for it, she wont see it anyways. If I need it engraved I can do it later, but that kills resale anyways.

Waiting for them to reply to my email to let me know all is well. The 4:00 time they gave me was already expired when I got the email. Called support and they said its a different department with email access only, so now I wait.

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh no, when did you order? Sorry to hear that and hopefully they ship out the replacement in time. I also ordered an engraved iPad for our anniversary next wk which is on it's way right now! I'm just hoping it gets here on time with no unexpected hold ups!

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh no, when did you order? Sorry to hear that and hopefully they ship out the replacement in time. I also ordered an engraved iPad for our anniversary next wk which is on it's way right now! I'm just hoping it gets here on time with no unexpected hold ups!

Ordered it on the 9th. My non engraved has been in Pennsylvania for 3 days

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called Apple to let them know that I wanted the replacement one expedited overnight and they said the department who handles this is email only, but they are real people shipping these things out and that i should get an email soon. So it is legit :(

iouone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else get this letter?
I have not as of today. My iPad has been in ky since the 10th. I ordered it with engraving 5pm on the 7th. I wouldn't mind a letter from apple.

Did I read it right that they r sending replacement iPad same color and GB? Thought I would impress wife with mushy "stuff" on new iPad, however I didn't think about engraving when and if I sell it down the road.

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not as of today. My iPad has been in ky since the 10th. I ordered it with engraving 5pm on the 7th. I wouldn't mind a letter from apple.

Did I read it right that they r sending replacement iPad same color and GB? Thought I would impress wife with mushy "stuff" on new iPad, however I didn't think about engraving when and if I sell it down the road.

Yes, that's correct. The funny thing is I actually ordered it engraved because when i went to order hers, the engraved had a 16th delivery date and non engraved was 19th, so i got it just to get it sooner. This works if they just respond to the damn email!

iouone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like it would be the opposite, anyways I hope you get your email and/or iPad on Friday

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine (engraved and ordered on the 7th) has also been in Kentucky since the 10th. I wonder how Apple caught it not being engraved--I have ordered three iPods in the last year, all engraved, and was told by Apple that the engraving is done in China.

ETA--OP maybe you will be surprised and the engraved one will arrive on Friday.

Last edited:

ladynikon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is really weird. I had mine engraved and it shipped yesterday. I didn't order my iPad until Saturday morning.

Most reactions

Latest posts