What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Apple iPad Launch Delayed

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
overview-in-the-box.jpg

Apple has released a statement delaying the international launch of the Apple iPad until late May. Read the entire press release below:

Although we have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week, demand is far higher than we predicted and will likely continue to exceed our supply over the next several weeks as more people see and touch an iPad™. We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April.

Faced with this surprisingly strong US demand, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the international launch of iPad by one month, until the end of May. We will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders on Monday, May 10. We know that many international customers waiting to buy an iPad will be disappointed by this news, but we hope they will be pleased to learn the reason—the iPad is a runaway success in the US thus far.

[Source: Apple.com]

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked the Apple France and it does say May 10th. Here in Canada it still says end of April... Fingers crossed........ommmmmmmmmmmmh! Ommmmmmmmm! Ommmmmmmmmm!....

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in the uk and coudnt wait till end of April so ordered from bundlebox and i will have it by tommorow by 12 noon
am so glad I dint wait till end of April
and now it end of may
am feeling chuffed , the prices on eBay are gunna sky rocket now due to people not waiting till the end of may

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AAAAARRRRRRRRGH! they just switched it to end of may with preorders may 10th....

Good by folks... I'm taking a loooooong break.....:(

rwilts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ahhh

I live in the uk and coudnt wait till end of April so ordered from bundlebox and i will have it by tommorow by 12 noon
am so glad I dint wait till end of April
and now it end of may
am feeling chuffed , the prices on eBay are gunna sky rocket now due to people not waiting till the end of may

How much was it all together?

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the 16gb worked out with vat import duties tax around £440/£450 I think
I have two coming one tomorow and one this week if your intrested in buying it this week let me know

johny2shoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was so looking forward to getting mine at the end of April, but I'm not going to be stupid and get one on eBay for more than it's worth, I'll just have to wait :(

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So much for the people that said this thing would fail...

yes, ignorants.....

People still haven't understood, what iPad will do to the whole computer world.
On one hand I'm excited, that I am actually experiencing this "(r)evolution", on the other hand, I'm scared about what Apple actually is going to do and how much influence they will get over the next years.......

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done the right thing by ordering a 32GB via eBay......... and it left the US already.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Likewise, when there was still no anouncement RE: firm release date on Monday, I ordered that 32gig model from an e-bay seller, will have it in my hot little hands tomorrow when I get home from work in time for the whole wekend to play with it :). All up with dleviery it cost me $1000 from ebay which is probably what the devices will sell for here in Australia when released given Aple always price gouge the Australian market.

Most reactions

Latest posts