What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have had an ipad since the begining and know how to setup email accounts. I'm using an ipad 3 and have setup my email accounts and they all have been working great for a very long time. However, lately when I open up the email app, it says it can not get mail from two of my accounts, saying user name or password is wrong. I checked the settings and everything is correct. It does get the mail, but still pops up saying it cannot. Any ideas..?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The method that will help with email problems in most cases, is to delete the account/s and reinstall it/them.

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The method that will help with email problems in most cases, is to delete the account/s and reinstall it/them.

I tried that, and it seemed to work ok, but it started again. Also my wife is having the same problem with her iPad...strange

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried that, and it seemed to work ok, but it started again. Also my wife is having the same problem with her iPad...strange
Might be worth checking with your email service provider regarding settings etc. I had this problem on and off and as Johanna suggested, deleted the accounts and reinstalled them having double checked all the settings.
Good luck.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can access the email accounts (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, ...) through a browser, take a look at your settings there. Maybe you'll have to change something.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts