What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail problems on my iPad 3.

eridge154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears as though I am able to receive and send emails on my Gmail account but lately I am always getting a pop up in my Gmail that states, "Cannot Get Mail. Connection to the server failed." I am not sure what this means because I seem to be getting my mail but the constant pop ups are really annoying. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to correct this? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The same thing has been happening with Yahoo Mail as well. You can safely ignore the pop up, but so far there seems to be no way to stop it from showing up.

OP
eridge154

eridge154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully someone out there in forum land has the answer and can help both of us.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Deleting and re-adding the account will usually stop this kind of thing, at least for a while. If it is a problem on the iPad. Sometimes, especially with Yahoo, it is a server side issue, in which case there is nothing you can do on your end.

Since both Yahoo and Google are IMAP accounts, deleting amd re-adding your account is relatively safe. All email is stored on and synced from the email severs.

Note: It is possible to set up Yahoo and Google as POP3 accounts, but this requires a manual setup that you are unlikely to have done by accident. Another words, if you don't know if you have Google set up as a POP3 account, then it isn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts