What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imap.gmail.com is not responding ... Why?

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does this pop up mean:

Cannot get mail

The mail server "iMap.gmail.com" is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in mail settings

This popup comes on every time I go to my email. I don't understand what it means.

Last edited:

larc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete the account and then create a new one with the same settings. That worked for me.

OP
WhydidIbuyit

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checked that link. Didn't seem to be what I needed. I have several email accounts. They all appear to be working ... So I remain confused.

OP
WhydidIbuyit

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No ...passwords not changed. I'm still getting that constant pop up. Seem to be getting all my mail.

ToddJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem...I thought it was because I'm running a beta of ios 6, but maybe not.

MrMike6by9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This just started happening to me. The not-so-funny thing is that I have 3 gmail accounts on iPad & on my 4S. Two accounts continued to function perfectly on both devices. Very frustrating.
YMMV

Solrac81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also started receiving this message a few hours ago, and similar situation, I have 3 gmail accounts, two are fine but one is not! Any new ideas on how to fix this?

RobbieDr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having this problem too with GMAIL

This hassle began for me on 8.8.12 in the afternoon.

I have an iPad and and iPhone out of commission with "imap.gmail.com not responding" server issue.

I have 2 desktops (1PC + 1Mac). Both are fine accessing the same gmail account the iPad and iPhone can't access. Very weird.

Like others, nothing has changed about my password and I had not fiddled with 'Settings.'

Based on other forum input, I added a server to my mail settings: imap.googlemail.com : -() No luck.

Since we can't call Google, hope to find a solution here soon.... : -)

MrMike6by9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've configured that third account as an Exchange account in order to have access to it on my idevice but i'm not happy with that if it's the only answer since it implies future failures with the other two. this silence from google is quite disturbing.
YMMV

SueFew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have just started having this problem and have tried all the suggestions. I can get to it via safari it is the mail app that's not working...

SEOGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 more having this same issue. Mail delivery on my iPad2 stopped on 8.8.12.

Cannot receive email on my iPad2. Getting the same "imap.gmail.com not responding" error.

Mail delivery is working in Safari and Firefox on my Mac.

Like others, nothing has changed about my password and I had not fiddled with 'Settings.'

Kinda makes me wonder if someone mucked up a firewall port somewhere. Wonder if we're all sharing the same mail server.

Most reactions

Latest posts