What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comcast mail

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been using my new iPad for a couple of weeks with no problems, however, for no apparent reason, I am getting a pop up saying it cannot get my Comcast mail because the user name or password is incorrect. After checking and re-checking my setting and seeing everything is correct, I still get the same pop up... Please, and help is always appreciated.

If I go to the Comcast web site and log in to see my email, using the same exact username and password, all is ok...

Last edited:

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pauley said:
Ok, so I have been using my new iPad for a couple of weeks with no problems, however, for no apparent reason, I am getting a pop up saying it cannot get my Comcast mail because the user name or password is incorrect. After checking and re-checking my setting and seeing everything is correct, I still get the same pop up... Please, and help is always appreciated.

If I go to the Comcast web site and log in to see my email, using the same exact username and password, all is ok...

Comcast email is down, sporadic inbound at best. Appears outage is national.

Service appears restored. Total down time about four hours.

Last edited:

jmbarker58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, server has been down since at least 2 pm eastern time. Seems to be up now though.

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem yesterday from about 1 PM to 6 PM EDT. i finally tried only putting in my user name and omitted the comcast.net. When i did this everything bragan to work again. Strange thing is that this problem only occured on my iPad 2 after updating to ios 5.11 it did not affect my mail on my iPhone 4 or my Mac.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions