What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD's

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, just copy them into your computer using handbrake (free app) then import them into iTunes. Hotsync and you have them in your iPad.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
fishplate said:
No ****.Thanks for the advice not

Fishplate--the forum software is filtering your posts due to profanity.

Please watch the language. Also, have some gratitude of thanks that the members have given you here.

Thank you.
Ski...iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think, given most commercial DVDs have encryption for copy protection, that Handbrake would be less than ideal.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
kierandill said:
I would think, given most commercial DVDs have encryption for copy protection, that Handbrake would be less than ideal.

That's right. I don't know how Handbrake manages to retain such a good press. I checked it out last night so I could write some instructions for it. It took over 2 hours to generate a 4Gb file which didn't work. Totally useless, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jkmarsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for my son's DVDs. Just click on the "to iPad & Tab" tab and then copy to your iPad once it's finished.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Well, run makemkv to get a bit-perfect *.mkv file. Then run handbrake on that. How long it takes depends on the bit-rate you ask for. A 4gb file is pretty large, especially for a DVD. I pack 30gb blu-ray rips down to 1.3 GB. And it takes way less than 4 hours!!!

Edit: I thought I was replying to Kevin's post, sorry!

Ps. Makemkv handles the encryption.

Pps. There are other ways to do this, but these tools are free.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That would work. I ran the original copy protected disk through handbrake.

So it might still be useful then.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions