What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing issues on new 2021

DOlson17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just replaced my older iPad for a 2021.

My issue is the screen surface is completely different.

The Apple pencil tip is much grippier on the screen than my older iPad.

Worse, it is uneven. Some places it kinda glides and in others it catches hard.

Never experienced anything like it before, the screen is clean and flawless. It feels like the coating might be different than the old one. And it is definitely not applied evenly.

What can I do to fix it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is this a new iPad or a used one? If new, I'd take it to Apple and have them take a look to see if the screen's coating is faulty. If it's used, then the previous owner may have done something to screen. If it's the later, the only thing I can think of is to use a screen protector.

But before that, just make sure the screen is clean. Most of the time a screen or eye glass cleaning cloth is fine. These are lint and abrasive free. For slightly tougher jobs the same solutions used to clean other computer screens should work, but don't get crazy. There is a coating that can be worn off with excessive cleaning. It will wear off eventually anyway, but no reason to hurry it. Might even be what's causing the issue if the iPad is used.

Most reactions

Latest posts