What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
THANK YOU, SKIMONKEY!!! I'm here again on new iPad and can let Mom use old one! Yay!!!

GCID: princesssuzabella

Fantastic news! Enjoy your new iPad and am sure that your Mom will love your other one!

I have responded to your other thread. Gabriel hasn't been here for a while, so I figured I'd answer it for you. It looks doable. Have a look. :)

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Enjoy your new iPad Suza! Us blondes (and everyone else here) got to stick together :)

Suzabella

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wonderful! We would hate to lose you. Enjoy your new iPad :)
Fantastic news! Enjoy your new iPad and am sure that your Mom will love your other one! I have responded to your other thread. Gabriel hasn't been here for a while, so I figured I'd answer it for you. It looks doable. Have a look. :)
Enjoy your new iPad Suza! Us blondes (and everyone else here) got to stick together :)

You guys are so wonderful!!!! I must couldn't live without making sure I got connected back with this forum. Skimonkey answered my shout out for help! I appreciate it so much! You guys have a great day! :)

Natgnat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as an update for the previous information regarding the 100% guaranteed dragon breeding revision and how it is working out for me thus far. Yesterday, I put in 2 cyclops to once again meet a goal...one that rewards with cash, experience and gems if bred and hatched. The very first try, I bred a cyclops. Then, I started in the other cave with 2 frostfires to try and get a frostfire for the same purpose as stated above. This hasn't turned out as easily as the cyclops did. I am on my 10th fail, however most of them have yielded a fire dragon ..only 1 gem to speed up to try again. The 100% frostfire combo has also yielded a couple of snow dragons.. A little longer wait, 10 hrs, I believe...but I plan to continue to "retry" until I get a frostfire.

After winning with the cyclops, I started for a gold. The first try was a fail... The second try was a 39 hr wait..I think, honestly I don't remember the exact hour and didn't look up the incubation period, but it is still incubating in my epic cave. It may be a gold... In which case, it would've only taken 2 tries for me to get a gold using the 2 gold pairing.

I will continue this breeding style to attempt to meet all my goals and stop in from time to time to let you know how it's going.

Hope this encourages some of you who were upset when the breeding rule changed. :)

Suzabella

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMG! I THINK I FINALLY HAVE A WINTER BREWING!! I think it's all your support! Thank you! Is mistletoe still around?

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMG! I THINK I FINALLY HAVE A WINTER BREWING!! I think it's all your support! Thank you! Is mistletoe still around? GCID: princesssuzabella
Congrats Suza! I think Mistletoe has left the market some time ago. I checked the market for you just a minute ago and could not find it anymore, so I guess it is no longer available. You could try the other breeding combo (forgot the name, sorry) thread, just to make sure.

Happy breeding everyone!

Natgnat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as an update for the previous information regarding the 100% guaranteed dragon breeding revision and how it is working out for me thus far. Yesterday, I put in 2 cyclops to once again meet a goal...one that rewards with cash, experience and gems if bred and hatched. The very first try, I bred a cyclops. Then, I started in the other cave with 2 frostfires to try and get a frostfire for the same purpose as stated above. This hasn't turned out as easily as the cyclops did. I am on my 10th fail, however most of them have yielded a fire dragon ..only 1 gem to speed up to try again. The 100% frostfire combo has also yielded a couple of snow dragons.. A little longer wait, 10 hrs, I believe...but I plan to continue to "retry" until I get a frostfire. After winning with the cyclops, I started for a gold. The first try was a fail... The second try was a 39 hr wait..I think, honestly I don't remember the exact hour and didn't look up the incubation period, but it is still incubating in my epic cave. It may be a gold... In which case, it would've only taken 2 tries for me to get a gold using the 2 gold pairing. I will continue this breeding style to attempt to meet all my goals and stop in from time to time to let you know how it's going. Hope this encourages some of you who were upset when the breeding rule changed. :)

I finally got a frostfire breeding 2 frostfires after 12 fails. The second try with 2 gold dragons got me a gold egg! Now trying for a seasonal and a current dragon. I've already had 3 fails with the seasonal.

Suzabella

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats Suza! I think Mistletoe has left the market some time ago. I checked the market for you just a minute ago and could not find it anymore, so I guess it is no longer available. You could try the other breeding combo (forgot the name, sorry) thread, just to make sure. Happy breeding everyone!

That figures! I missed it! Thanks for checking, Sparkle!

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
New metal-light/dark dragons have arrived. Happy breeding everyone! ✨✨✨✨✨✨

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sad. Ever since the last update, my game crashes even before it opens. I haven't seen my dragons in days! 
Oh no Aries... That is sad. Wish I could do something to cheer you up. Send BF a ticket/email/ complaint or whatever you deem necessary, would hate it if you quite on the game all together but I would understand that at the same time.

Natgnat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sad. Ever since the last update, my game crashes even before it opens. I haven't seen my dragons in days! 

Delete and reload dragonvale. Don't worry, it saves all info in the cloud. I have to do this every other week in order to open the social button.

Aries1979

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Delete and reload dragonvale. Don't worry, it saves all info in the cloud. I have to do this every other week in order to open the social button.

I tried that and it still crashes, so I went to Backflip's website and came across this: We are constantly fighting a battle between keeping the game playable for older devices and adding new content. As we continue to expand the game with content, new dragons, localization (as is the case for 2.2) and features, the game will become harder and harder to play on old devices until those devices are no longer supported at all.

I play on a first generation iPad, so maybe it has come to the point that I can no longer play. That would be sad.

Reaction score
I tried that and it still crashes, so I went to Backflip's website and came across this: We are constantly fighting a battle between keeping the game playable for older devices and adding new content. As we continue to expand the game with content, new dragons, localization (as is the case for 2.2) and features, the game will become harder and harder to play on old devices until those devices are no longer supported at all.

I play on a first generation iPad, so maybe it has come to the point that I can no longer play. That would be sad.

That would be so sad Lady Redwolf! I have been having the same struggle with my ipad1 and now just play on my iPhone :-( I had trouble visiting friends with "big DV games" like Krypt8 for a long time on my iPad.

I wish they would let us play in "lite mode" without loading everything.

Aries1979

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That would be so sad Lady Redwolf! I have been having the same struggle with my ipad1 and now just play on my iPhone :-( I had trouble visiting friends with "big DV games" like Krypt8 for a long time on my iPad.

I wish they would let us play in "lite mode" without loading everything.

I have an iPhone now but I don't want to bog it down with large games. I guess I'll keep trying to get it to work.

Most reactions