What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our hatcheries are full and busy for loads of hour but we will need those hours to stock loads of food, and are facing the difficult choice of getting rid of habitats.
WE NEED MORE HABITATS ( sorry for shouting lol) we are soon in Teufels Kueche.

Now that the leap year "event" is behind us, I'm looking ahead. As you know, I race Porsches and in racing you don't care where you've been or where you are - only where you're going. I sense a significant update soon with more habitats, so DV has regained my interest (plus I can't go back to work for another two weeks - that's why I work here <g>).

So I am steadily moving my park from Low Maintenance Mode to High Performance Mode.

Poppy

bugkeebs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to game and was wondering how we get gems with out actually buying them. My 4 year old love s this game and likes breeding the dragons?

bugkeebs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get gems without having to buy them all the time? We are new and would like to know how to breed a scorch dragon? My 4 yr old loves this game.

tristan97tfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bugkeebs said:
I am new to game and was wondering how we get gems with out actually buying them. My 4 year old love s this game and likes breeding the dragons?
t
Well you can compete in the colosseum and win a gold medal u get 5 gems, silver is 2 bronze is none. You might also notice you can gift 3 gems a day and this means somebody can gift you. You need friends on game center to be able to gift them gems. You can only gift gems every 24 hours to each person and then you have to wait. You can buy a gem tree and this allows you to gift 6 gifts a day and it costs 100 gems. Hope this helps :)

GCID tristan97tfj :) 8)(without the smileys)

hazzarrd13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brooklyn11220 said:
Welcome to all the newcomers and to all u watching come and join the family :) Breed on!!!!

Could I come and visit your islands please? Gcid as below

Hazel gcid: hazzarrd13

Vivipilou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plus I can't go back to work for another two weeks - that's why I work here <g>).

So I am steadily moving my park from Low Maintenance Mode to High Performance Mode.

Poppy
And you are doing great in the two jobs LMM oand HPM, it will be reflected in your performance appraisal lol.

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Up with a sick daughter during the night. Gave me a few more chances

Attempt 12 Flower + Storm - Flower
Attempt 13 Love + Cold - Poison
Attempt 14 Storm + Flower - Storm
Attempt 15 Panlong + Love - Crystal (so that's that cave tied up for the day)

Time is tick, tick, ticking away.

ilUli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I get gems without having to buy them all the time? We are new and would like to know how to breed a scorch dragon? My 4 yr old loves this game.

Hi there and welcome :)

You're asking about how to get gems? The best way for a beginner is to have friends through the Game Center. You can then give out 3 gems (later on you can upgrade to 6) a day to 3 of these friends and hopefully they will return the favor. Most of us actually keep lists of who gives us gems so that we can return them in a fair manner in the order in which they were received.

Once you reach a certain level in the game, you can purchase the colosseum and for each gold and silver win you receive gems as well.

Scorch is a mix of fire and lightning as you can see by the little icons under the pic. So try puttin those 2 dragons in and hope for the best, since this combo also results in firefly.

Check out dragonvale wiki for all the dragon info: Dragons - DragonVale Wiki and more.

Come back here for all questions, it's the best place around (even though it got a bit frantic over the past 2 days)

Feel free to add me in GameCenter, my ID is .ilUli.

tristan97tfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch_smf said:

You will get there, still one more day :)

Vivipilou

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Fletch i visited your islands half an hour ago and saw that, am so sorry for you, it is not right that mostly every one could get it and now even in double pack and not you. Wish i could help beyond words of sympathy.

250strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a beautiful sight...

IMG_1094.PNG

1st LYD - Love / Cold
2nd LYD - Flower / Storm

I stupidly sped up the LYD to make sure it was indeed a LYD and also to take this stupid picture...which I now realize I could have done in 15 hours.

oh well, please enjoy!

250strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey Fletch,

Stick with Flower/Storm... I got my first with Love / Cold, but found that 48 hours fail times were killing me.
My second came from Flower / Storm, and the fail times were much less. (Flowers/Fireflies etc)

Good luck my friend!!

tristan97tfj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smurfette said:
Congratulations. I think they look fantastic. You've obviously spent a lot of time to get them right. You should be proud.

Most reactions

Latest posts