What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Pay for Apple Expedited Shipping

kenjigraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scholargnome.com
I ordered an iPad off of Apple Canada last Sunday, June 19 2011. The iPad shipped on June 21 (Shenzhen, China; China Timezone). On the FedEx tracking that Apple gave me, it says that the iPad should be delivered by Friday, June 24. I am disappointed. Not only was the estimated delivery inaccurate, my iPad won't be delivered by Tuesday, June 28! I asked Apple to refund my Expedited Shipping fee but the person said that I should recieve it by the June 27. It is a full 7 business day for the Standard Shipping! I cannot fathom why I fell for their ploy. The Expedited Shipping is a lie people. Apple doesn't really use your money to ship your Apple iPad quickly.

DO NOT PAY FOR APPLE EXPEDITED SHIPPING!!!:mad:

Anyways. Anybody here have the same experience with expedited? I live in a small city called Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada and I must say sometimes I've gotta lower my expectations when it comes to things like these. As for the iPad I can't wait to play with it. :ipad-front::D

Last edited:

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
10 days to get from China to Canada and you're upset? I waited two months for mine to arrive from China (though I didn't pay for expedited shipping).

On another note - if you ordered it on the 19th and it shipped on the 21st then Apple did their part. You should actually be upset with FedEx for the other 8 wasted days.

Last edited:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sucks for you, buddy! I thought you were gonna say Canada Post has your iPad...:D

I bought mine by refreshing their store homepage again and again at 9pm until a copy opened up, then drove the next morning to get it. If I were you I would have made a weekend road trip to the West Edmonton, but then I have a lot of free time on my hands, lol...

OP
K

kenjigraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scholargnome.com
10 days to get from China to Canada and you're upset? I waited two months for mine to arrive from China (though I didn't pay for expidited shipping).

On another note - if you ordered it on the 19th and it shipped on the 21st then Apple did their part. You should actually be upset with FedEx for the other 8 wasted days.

How the heck did you have your iPad shipped to you in two months? Where in the world do you live? I mean, that's a really long time. I can't imagine waiting for my iPad that long.

OP
K

kenjigraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scholargnome.com
Sucks for you, buddy! I thought you were gonna say Canada Post has your iPad...:D

I bought mine by refreshing their store homepage again and again at 9pm until a copy opened up, then drove the next morning to get it. If I were you I would have made a weekend road trip to the West Edmonton, but then I have a lot of free time on my hands, lol...

LOL. I'm not really that impatient to really waste my resources to drive down to Edmonton just to buy a freakin' iPad. It's a 10 hour travel time (back and forth) so it is a big hassle. I can wait for the shipment, it's just that I wasted money on something that should have been spent on something else. :)

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
10 days to get from China to Canada and you're upset? I waited two months for mine to arrive from China (though I didn't pay for expidited shipping).

How the heck did you have your iPad shipped to you in two months? Where in the world do you live? I mean, that's a really long time. I can't imagine waiting for my iPad that long.

When they first came out (iPad1) they were in high demand (as are the iPad2). Backorders were through the roof - it didn't matter where you lived. You should really count your blessings. A lot of people have waited very long periods for their iPads to ship.

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered an iPad off of Apple Canada last Sunday, June 19 2011. The iPad shipped on June 21 (Shenzhen, China; China Timezone). On the FedEx tracking that Apple gave me, it says that the iPad should be delivered by Friday, June 24. I am disappointed. Not only was the estimated delivery inaccurate, my iPad won't be delivered by Tuesday, June 28! I asked Apple to refund my Expedited Shipping fee but the person said that I should recieve it by the June 27. It is a full 7 business day for the Standard Shipping! I cannot fathom why I fell for their ploy. The Expedited Shipping is a lie people. Apple doesn't really use your money to ship your Apple iPad quickly.

Anyways. Anybody here have the same experience with expedited? I live in a small city called Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada and I must say sometimes I've gotta lower my expectations when it comes to things like these. As for the iPad I can't wait to play with it. :ipad-front::D

I don't know how far you took it but if you only talked to one person there then you didn't try hard enough. Certainly they should refund your money for expedited shipping.

Make another call.

OP
K

kenjigraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scholargnome.com

I don't know how far you took it but if you only talked to one person there then you didn't try hard enough. Certainly they should refund your money for expedited shipping.

Make another call.

Did you have this experience too? I think should just let that 15 bucks go. I mean, I'm satisfied with how Apple shipped it anyways. Within 24 hours after my order? I can't ask any better since other people have to wait for weeks to get a hold of their own iPads. $15 is just one hour of work anyways so no big deal. All I want to say is that Expedited Shipping is not worth the money since Apple just use Standard Shipping which is equally as fast as the Expedited.:eek:

Most reactions