What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just placed my order for an iPad on Apple Website...

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I just placed my order for my 16GB Wi-Fi iPad from the Apple Website about an hour ago and I just checked up on my order and it says the following:

IPAD WI-FI 16GB-USA
Ships: Jun 8
Delivers: Jun 11

My question is... is that normal ship/delivery time for an iPad? That's quite a while. From today (5/22) to June 11th, that's 19 days. That seems like quite a lot to me.

Is this normal or does the ETA go down over time?

Thanks in advance.

PhilipJFry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've got 10 business days there until it projects to ship. The delivery actually sounds ambitious, but have no clue where you live. It all looks reasonable.

For comparison's sake, I ordered mine May 12, and the anticipated ship date is listed at May 26. However, I have obsessively checked the order status, and it is now switched from Item not shipped to "Prepared for shipping." These are happy times!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the major reasons for the delay is Apple is completing intermatioal orders for delivery on May 28
Apple is blown out the door by the demand so unfortunately you have to wait. Shortage of suppy I suspect will continue through to July Apple Australia sold all allocated stock for delivery on May 28 with in 24 hours

Regards Colin

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh alright thanks for all the quick replies. I'm so excited to get my ipad and I totally forgot about the international orders. Quick question... I ordered my ipad today andwas wondering if when I buy something from apple online l, do they charge my credit card immediately or so they wait until the ipad would start to ship to my address.

Again, thanks in advance. This is such an awesome forum. Thanks for all the quick replies so far.

edmouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you will be charged until it actually ships. That's how it was going here (NY, USA).

alxs210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Today I sold my 16gb wifi and ordered the 32gb 3g and I'm getting the same exact ship and deliver dates. I don't know if I can wait that long!!!

MarksPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was delayed because of the problems in Thailand, sat at the Hong Kong FedEx for 4 days then today it's in Alaska. I hope to get it Monday or Tuesday :)
Mark

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Today I sold my 16gb wifi and ordered the 32gb 3g and I'm getting the same exact ship and deliver dates. I don't know if I can wait that long!!!

I believe I would have waited to sell until I had the new one in hand :) After having mine since the 30th, I can't imagine being without it! It seems the shipping is taking longer and longer, as stated above, probably due to international orders. I ordered one for my daughter online on May 1 and had it in hand on May 11.

alxs210

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I believe I would have waited to sell until I had the new one in hand :) After having mine since the 30th, I can't imagine being without it! It seems the shipping is taking longer and longer, as stated above, probably due to international orders. I ordered one for my daughter online on May 1 and had it in hand on May 11.

lol it'll be weird not having it but I think my mbp will get me by.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once the get out off china ,they come pretty quick.:)

Robotguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add another Apple.com data point:

Product / Part No.:IPAD WI-FI + 3G 16GB-USA
Order Date: May 13, 2010
Ships: May 27
Delivers: Jun 2

But my order status went to "Prepared for Shipment" this morning (5/24).

Update: Shipped 5/24 (5/25 local time in Shenzen)

Update: Delivered 5/27

Last edited:

magrat22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow your orders are going through so quick. Right now on the Apple Canada store we get a "June" ship date? I just ordered my first iPad May 21st - 64 gb wifi, I really don't know if I can wait till sometime in June..lol. I wanna play with it now :(

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on the 25th and it's not scheduled until the 15th. I did get my keyboard attachment though. I'm really hoping it will ship sooner. I'm already getting impatient!

Most reactions

Latest posts