What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just placed my order for an iPad on Apple Website...

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm amazed that Fedex can get this thing from China to Texas in 4 days (assuming it remains on track) and that Apple includes this kind of shipping for free. It would be much cheaper for them to load up some shipping containers and send them on the slow boat from China, then distribute from some US port.

Glistam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an update to my previous post. I got an email today saying that it was shipping but all that meant was that they had sent the data to fedex. I just now checked my tracking data. This is what it said:

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Jun 3, 2010 8:49 AM Picked up SHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff
Jun 2, 2010 9:30 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

I am amazed that Fedex has no other shipments going out today in China which is only almost 9:00am there. Can anyone offer any insight? Now my expected delivery date went from Friday the 4th to Tuesday the 8th. I don't mind the wait but just confused by this tracking update.

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talk about confusing tracking updates, here's mine.

Jun 2, 2010 5:10 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN

Jun 2, 2010 5:26 PM. Arrived at FedEx locationNEWARK, NJ

Jun 2, 2010 3:31 PM Departed FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN

Jun 2, 2010 1:19 AM Int'l shipment releaseMEMPHIS, TN

Jun 1, 2010 11:06 PMArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN

Jun 1, 2010 5:12 PM In transitLANTAU ISLAND HK

Jun 1, 2010 1:03 PM Left FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CN

Jun 1, 2010 10:33 AM Picked upSHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff

May 31, 2010 6:28 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Glistam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that is a bit confusing. So it seems just because it hit a cutoff doesn't mean it won't ship today. Good luck.

Last edited:

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo, it's on the truck for delivery!!!! Amazing, shipped June 1 and delivery on June 3rd!!!! Can't wait to surprise my husband with it!!

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bah, hopefully I get it before the 15th. I just booked my trip to E3 and I'm leaving the 14th. Would be nice to have it before then.

Cheviot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope mine arrives Friday. It shipped on the second but it's been sitting in Memphis since 12:40pm yesterday. Sigh. Hopefully it's already left but they missed a scan.

OP
C

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my god! Soooo happy! Mine shipped 5 days earlier than the expected ship date and is being delivered 4 days earlier than expected.

Order Date: May 23rd

It was supposed to ship June 8th and be delivered June 11th according to Apple.com, but I got my tracking number this morning and it's already been picked up and is currently in SHENZHEN CN! Estimated Delivery on Fedex tracking said June 7th, but it changed to June 8th a few minutes ago.

Hopefully I'll still get it on the 7th!

=D

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your tracking info give a day and time for delivery? Mine said June 4 by 10:30 am. But I got it today at 2:30 pm!!!

Glistam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is stuck somewhere near Lantau Island. Not sure if it is in transit to there or in transit to Alaska. Anyone have any insight? That status has been like that since 4:11pm local San time on the 3rd.

opronnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patience

So I ordered on 15th may. Shipping quotes 7th June from china. Possible delivery 10days later. So walked into pc world yesterday bought 64 gig 3 g and cancelled online apple purchase as they were taking the piss with the delivery. Patience is a virtue? Patience is for weak minded fools! Go take action people. :) typed on my lovely iPad 64 gig 3G

Most reactions

Latest posts