What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do YOU think this is true?

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
absolutely, there is overwhelming evidence that the iPhone has some serious bugs and that evidence is being examined by every expert the media outlets can hire.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the older iphone and i like it but the phone service from att for i have a lot of drop calls in l.a. area along with some other issuse out in the middle of nowhere with drop calls ..

i would love to see sprint style plan of the .$.69.oo dollars cover everything type of plan from phone calls to data service from AT&T ..

Last edited:

STEVEMS2305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had 2 previous Iphone generations. I have had the Iphone 4 since the release date.

I have had ZERO issues with my phone. I have an apple "bumper" and a seperate case. No dropped calls, no bad reception issues, none of the horrible things that people are claiming.

It is very fast, the screen is extremely clear, face time is awesome. Not saying problems don't exist; just stating I have not had any. Am I lucky? I doubt it. 2 million or so sold and some isuues - yup.

Anyone that hates Apple and the new Iphjone can and should return it for a Droid.......

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going back to the Antenna, has this been verified as a problem? I've read a few things saying it was a bug and not a problem. Since I got the iPhone 4 I can't even get a signal in my house unless I'm upstairs. This wasn't a problem with my last phone.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the problem i have is when you in downtown LA and you get into a socalled deadzone that seams to be a lot of them in the downtown area along with beening up in the hills also .. that where my problems with the drop calls comes from..

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. Apple has the biggest PR disaster on its hands ever.

This huge iOS fan and iPhone 3GS owner is going to wait fir a real fix, not spin from Jobs. I understand the tests that have been performed in the test chambers because I'm in in a similar industry. The problem is real.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess so! I heard all morning on the news that even Consumer Reports do not recommend the new iPhone and that Apple is blaming AT&T.

Tis a mess ~

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now Consumer Reports is being raked over the coals, and for good reason. There are experts that will testify that CR uses unscientific methods. Not to mention they go from lauding the iPhone to condemning it in a couple of days. The facts: The iPhone 4 has some antennae issues, but nothing serious. They did not look in the right places for the problems in testing, or did not feel the problems were serious. Solutions: Quick fix is to just put a bumper on it. Would be nice if Apple had given them away, but they tend to treat customers better than the competition, so I do not see this as more than a bimp issue. Most people get covers anyway.

Main fix is some software adjustments to improve performance, like what came out today. Future models may get a device inside to dampen the signal loss. There are other methods that can be used, but most of the problems are created by media frenzy and desires to create issues which will cause an uproar.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
most of the problems are created by media frenzy and desires to create issues which will cause an uproar.

I was wondering about this. Some of my friends who have the iphone have not complained whatsoever.

But a talk show I listen to ~ the team on it all are Apple lovers and always advocated apple products and first in line for all of them, blah blah blah.

Two of the team, today, stated that they are pissed! One guy said that he just watches his bars empty down to one on a dime, while his wife, in the same location, on the old iphone, is fine!

He wants to scream!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loyal Apple customers shelled out a tidy sum for this new phone and in many cases had to jump through hoops for the purchase. I'm not surprise then at the outrage when initial complaints were met with dismissive contempt from Apple senior management. Every company steps in it at one time or another and if Apple is able to pull off the free bumper fix without a major SNAFU, I think faith in the company will be restored.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any one know what happen at the press conference that apple had today? It aired here at one, but I am stuck in this meeting!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does any one know what happen at the press conference that apple had today? It aired here at one, but I am stuck in this meeting!

Free bumpers for everyone, and Jobs showed videos of other phones with this problem including RIM and Android.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also said that the elusive white phone will be available at the end of the month.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Free bumpers for everyone
ha. so that revolutionary external antenna design now becomes a regular old internal one now. :)

I dont think any less of Apple because of this, but I never thought they were some special company that could do no wrong. You push technology and release enough new products, you are eventually going to miss something. Its the nature of bleeding edge. This is also the reason, I never shell out this kind of money for something before I have seen it and some people have had a chance to check it out for a few weeks at least.

Most reactions

Latest posts