What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do iPads work anywhere in the world?

nicolabc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to buy an iPad 4 from the US Apple online store and have it delivered to Malta (Europe). Would there be any problems with the iTunes store or any usage issues? I can just register it normally with my current Maltese iTunes account, right?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buy wifi only as there are different models of cellular wifi iPads. What this means is their are several standards for 4g so depending on your location it is important to have the right model. Hope that helps.

kellyjdrummer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-fix.com
If you own a cell phone with a mobile hot spot plan, you can login to your phone's hotspot from your iPad and obtain web access where ever your phone gets service. I use my Blackberry to do such, often. Charges may occur from your carrier for data overage/use. I don't know about any area restrictions.

I'm not sure of the iTunes situation. Your post title is rather ambiguous.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And yes, if everything else works, you should be able to register with your current Maltese iTunes account/Apple ID.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding switching countries using iTunes you will need a USA address, a new email addy (gmail is fine) plus need to use American iTunes cards that can be redeemed. These are available from eBay. You then can purchase from the USA iTunes Store

Colin
iPad forums Administrator

OP
nicolabc

nicolabc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding switching countries using iTunes you will need a USA address, a new email addy (gmail is fine) plus need to use American iTunes cards that can be redeemed. These are available from eBay. You then can purchase from the USA iTunes Store

Colin

But can't I just use my current Maltese account which has my apps and music ? I don't want or need a new account
Thanks

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes of course you can. My comment was to answer the statement about using the USA iTunes Store when living in another country

Colin

Most reactions

Latest posts