What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DisplayOut problem. iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

ladiver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased DisplayOut and have an issue. I am trying to send to my 27" Samsung display. I can see the ipad, but the aspect ration never changes. I am unable to actually get full screen on my monitor. I have tried the HDMI and VGA connectors. Both connectors are genuine Apple products.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

OP
L

ladiver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to display video on various monitors and still have the same issue with not being able to fill the screen.

OP
L

ladiver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bummer that no one could help. this app is a true waste of money!

cailean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry you are having such problems with Display Out. I had been thinking about getting it myself until I found that there was a free alternative called "TVOut2 Mirror TVOut"

I have used this for video out from my iPad2 with a genuine VGA cable and after some fiddling with the position and size of the image sent to the TV it has worked pretty good.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased DisplayOut and have an issue. I am trying to send to my 27" Samsung display. I can see the ipad, but the aspect ration never changes. I am unable to actually get full screen on my monitor. I have tried the HDMI and VGA connectors. Both connectors are genuine Apple products.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff-your question does not look like it is related to hacking. I am going to move it into General discussions so hopefully to get better attention.

Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey was perhaps a little over zealous there ;)

DisplayOut questions do of course belong in the hacking section as this is a jailbreak only option. I'll move it back there now :D

Just to reiterate what's been said and expand a little. The results you get will depend on 1) the choices you make in the settings app, and 2) the device you are running it on. iPad2's have more flexibility than iPad1's in terms of what they can output. iPad1's cannot upscale to 1080p for example. With an iPad2 however, you should have no problems provided you set up the app correctly. It has a lot of flexibility and is worth checking again, particuarly since you purchased it.

The two attached screenshots show where the options lie. Have a play with the options in there and let us know how you get on...

Attachments

• image-740761291.jpg
    image-740761291.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • image-1618202940.jpg
    image-1618202940.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
OP
L

ladiver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I am using the same setting on my iPad2 that you have in your attachment. I am using the HDMI cable, and my monitor reports 1920x1080, 67.5kHz, 60Hz PP. The monitor also reports other resolutions as I change them in DisplayOut. The only problem is that I can not "fill" the monitor in 720 or 1080. Thos are the ones with the best clarity.

Am I incorrect in believing that DisplayOut can be used to view full screen 1080p on a monitor?

Thanks,

Jeff

Most reactions