What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Displayout on Ipad to projector

GATO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have JB ipad 1st gen running version 4.3.3 and have Displayout installed. I want to hook it up to my Optoma ML 500 projector via HDMI, but I can't get it to work.
I have the official Digital AV Adapter from Apple, connected to a HDMI cable (1.3) but I can't get it to mirror the ipad. I tried hooking up to my TV and it does not work either.
Every time I plug in the adapter, the ipad displays a message that the accessory is not supported. Is it the adapter? I'm thinking it might not be compatible with the first gen ipad, only for the 2 gen. But then again, I think I saw some youtube videos of people "mirroring" using the Digital AV adapter with a 1 gen ipad, so I am confused.
What am I doing wrong?

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are already a number of threads dealing with this. Please try searching. Some adapters are bad. Sometimes the HDMI cable is bad. Apple appears to have recently changed the adapter as well, which makes one upgrade to IOS 5.x in order to use it. In fact, if you upgrade to IOS 5.x it supports output of the display via the HDMI adapter (for some apps) without requiring a Jailbreak. I think the reasons people haven't replied (and certainly the reason I didn't when I first saw your post) are the facts that there are many posts about this already and in many cases the issues seem to go unresolved.

Last edited:
OP
G

GATO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are already a number of threads dealing with this. Please try searching. Some adapters are bad. Sometimes the HDMI cable is bad. Apple appears to have recently changed the adapter as well, which makes one upgrade to IOS 5.x in order to use it. In fact, if you upgrade to IOS 5.x it supports output of the display via the HDMI adapter (for some apps) without requiring a Jailbreak. I think the reasons people haven't replied (and certainly the reason I didn't when I first saw your post) are the facts that there are many posts about this already and in many cases the issues seem to go unresolved.

Thanks jw. I did try seaching here, youtube, and other sites, but like you said, most of the time it goes unresolved. Thanks for taking the time time though.

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice to see you back, Graywolf :) I've not seen you here in a while. Stick around and join the mix dude. :D

Cheers, Dan

tlavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. However I found no other possible solutions. I havean IPas 1 with OS 5.1.1 and trying to connect to Optoma ML500. I can get a laptop PC to work but using my IPad would be more convenient. ANy other luck?

Most reactions