What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Displayout Problem

bchar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Ipad 2 and I just installed the Displayout App. I plug in to my HDTV's using an official Apple HDMI out cable, and for some reason I am only getting half-screen to show-up on the TV. I have the black bars on the side. My max resolution is set to 1024 and I don't know what the problem might be. Has anyone run across this and have a fix. I have tried 2 different Tvs.

Thank you.

OP
B

bchar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also tried with the Iphone 4s, same problems. Are there multiple kinds of Apple HDMI out cables? Does the type of HDMI cable or TV matter?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you take a fullscreen video from the iPad and play it on a widescreen monitor, you will see black bars at the sides of the picture. That's perfectly normal.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the reason, of course, is the differing aspect ratio on the ipad screen versus a wide-screen TV. The widescreen TV IS 16:9 whereas the iPad is closer to the old 4:3 ratio.

danpda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the DisplayOut 1.6.9 on my iPad 2 (iOS 6.x.x) yesterday. Everything works fine and mirrors to my TV as if what the app described. However, when I launched the Youtube App and play the video inside, the video can still be played but the color is distorted. Just like being "painted" by a layer of red color.

Grateful if anybody can help here. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts