What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the iPad 4 announcement surprise you?

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDITED FOR CRASS LANGUAGE.

Adama
iPF Moderator

I just got the iPad 3 a very short time ago and its been replaced already. doubt if any would want to buy it when they can get a faster 4th gen for the same price i paid for the "New now retired" ipad. Thanks apple for taking my money

Last edited by a moderator:

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the news I heard that Apple did this to customers once before, An early model of one of the iphones got released and a few months later a modified one came out . I dont think I will bre buying anything Apple for a while after this.

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I_luv_Apple said:
Is anyone selling their new iPad to get the new new Ipad? I'm considering it.

Not only will I NOT be buying the iPad 4, but no more Apple products... Next time maybe a Microsoft tablet. Apple screwed me for the last time....

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In one way I was surprised but then again when you look at it the upgrade is more what I call a speed bump with a few fixes. Speed bumps have been around for years with PC's and Apple. It is most common to see a new model released in say laptops every 12 to 16 weeks with faster processors and additional features but however in the same housing. One should understand that Apple created a new platform which is for mainstream users with the ipad1 and it makes sense they keep the momentum rolling by releasing speed bumps etc in between so called major upgrades. I purchased my iPad 3 in March and I am more than happy with what I have.... Will I upgrade now short answer no I will wait unless some one pays the right price. One major factor with iPads and for that factor most apple product
S the cost of ownership is low meaning resale value is high where as a pc laptop will drop in price by 50% or more and that is over a short period of time. One more reason is Apple has come back from being almost bankrupt in the 90' to now being number one world wide so it is important to keep ahead of the competition so really
At the end of the day this upgrade makes sense.... That's my thoughts......

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only will I NOT be buying the iPad 4, but no more Apple products... Next time maybe a Microsoft tablet. Apple screwed me for the last time....

If you feel that way then I feel sorry for you. Why did they screw you? Because you bought an iPad recently -- and it was okay for Apple to "screw" everyone else over that had an iPad 1, iPad 2, etc. but since you had the latest and greatest it was OK?

They've done nothing, except continue to create great new products that people want. Thats what their business is based on. Thats what they are supposed to do. This is the technology world. Something is old in 6 months. Its normal, its natural and its been that way for decades. Get used to it.

There will always be a newer model just around the corner, the next generation to wait for... but if you are constantly waiting, then you never get to enjoy the here and now. If it works for you, just enjoy it. You don't need to upgrade just to keep up with the joneses. Enjoy what you have.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you John it is no different in buying a new car or any electrical product to find a new model released not long after which was my point in a recent post.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im only glad I bought my iPad 3 on release day. If I had bought it within the last couple of weeks I would have felt like I have been shafted.

Silly little upgrade though not worth calling it a 4 isit?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs would be proud that Apple was able to keep a secret finally since his death.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just wonder why it took Apple so long to get into the around 7 inch tablet game. But at $329 for the basic unit and no micro memory slot, it's heading into a fire storm this holiday buying season. Time will tell but already Apples stock took a small but important hit today. This is not a good sign.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just wonder why it took Apple so long to get into the around 7 inch tablet game. But at $329 for the basic unit and no micro memory slot, it's heading into a fire storm this holiday buying season. Time will tell but already Apples stock took a small but important hit today. This is not a good sign.

Why? None of its other tabs have SD slots...and neither do the GN7 and the Amazon Kindles. Making this device thin and light makes it even harder to include a slot, anyway.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why? None of its other tabs have SD slots...and neither do the GN7 and the Amazon Kindles. Making this device thin and light makes it even harder to include a slot, anyway.
Well it's Apples small tablet. But the Samsung Galaxy tab2 and the 10.1 note do have a memory slot. And at $199 16gb on board memory for the 7" Tab2 and $499 16gb on board memory. They are quickly gaining a lot of tablet market share. When the iPad first hit the market it had few if any competition, that was then this in now. I wonder just how many really care about how thin their tablet is. when I see these ultra thin TVs being hyped in adds, I just laugh who really cares how thin their TV is?

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Totally caught me by surprise! I was expecting the iPad mini but not the 4th gen

Will be getting my kids an iPad mini each, I hope they enjoy it

Most reactions

Latest posts