What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the iPad 4 announcement surprise you?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised by the sheer multitudinous Apple objet d'art released today, I was thinking iPad Mini and MacBook.......but that stunning looking iMac has stirred up my cravings again.....the Mac Mini makes me think I have some spare space under my TV.....and the 4, please Mr Bank Manager, I didn't mean to do it, honestly, it was that Tim Cook that made me!

The Archangel

Exciting times, Gabe. I had the intention of getting a 15" MBP as soon as funds permit. Now, I'm pulled in a half dozen different directions. I think one of each will work the best.

Gbryant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What sort of trade in deal does apple offer? This kind of pisses me off! Both my wife and I have the ipad 3.... Formerly known as the "new" ipad.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are within 30 days they may swap out but why upgrade nothing wrong with the iPad 3.One has to understand that this type of upgrade as I mentioned in another post is a speed bump which is normal in the computer industry. I don't care what computer or tablet you buy in most cases new models are released ever 12 to 16 weeks that's life and frankly it would not surprise me to see another iPad in March

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Bought a IPad 3 wanting the latest technology to find out that a better (IPad 4) is being released. I bought my IPad 3 5 days ago and I'm hoping that they will allow me to return my 3 for a 4.

Talk about being treated like a mushroom farm......

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
col.bris said:
If you are within 30 days they may swap out but why upgrade nothing wrong with the iPad 3.One has to understand that this type of upgrade as I mentioned in another post is a speed bump which is normal in the computer industry. I don't care what computer or tablet you buy in most cases new models are released ever 12 to 16 weeks that's life and frankly it would not surprise me to see another iPad in March

I have to agree here. Heck, I have an iPad 2 and don't feel cheated or taken advantage of. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyones ipad 3 at all, it's only one less digit than the iPad 4. I understand if someone just bought one but even then: you got what you paid for and will probably hardly notice the difference between the two. For certain games or apps the newest model might be a tad peppier or whatever. Sure, the latest and greatest is always what we think we want or need. Usually, we don't. It's those pesky model numbers..... Gawsh I hate those! ;)

As for the announcement....great. A new iPad. Cool. Hehehe.

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have bought your IPad 3 from a major retailer in Australia, I've just been told, "wow, I didn't even know about the 4 and I'm sorry, but, you can't return it unless its in the original packaging and then, I'd have to consider things."

Sorry to sound like a cranky old man, but I'm spitting blood about this.

I'm not a IT guru like most of you guys. Just a simpleton and I'm feeling so much like a mushroom (which upsets me more)......

I'm told that Samsung are guilty of similar behaviour with their tablets.

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mushroom - kept in the dark and fed a lot of #######....

Don't know if its Aussie, but, it applies to me, that's for darn sure.

Moderator Notice-please post appropriately.

Last edited by a moderator:

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the 3 on opening day. I feel cheated my Apple. I have bought every generation of iPad day it became available. Feel like putting a new one out the same year is a really crappy thing to do. Makes me

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
applechick said:
I bought the 3 on opening day. I feel cheated by Apple. I have bought every generation of iPad day it became available. Feel like putting a new one out the same year is a really crappy thing to do.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In a way, I'm glad Apple did this. It was a reality check for me, and I was finally able to get over the " have to have the latest model" game. No more. I'm already sorry that I jumped on the iPhone 5 bandwagon so soon- should have just kept my 4s.

I may upgrade to the iPad 5, then again, I may not. Maybe I'll wait for the 6!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Geez what a bunch of whiners...

I've had my iPad 3 for less than 3-weeks....
Am I disappointed? Not one bit......

Technology marches on (thank God) and I purchase when I feel the time is right for me and the product has what I want.
Is anything different now from when I purchased my iPad 3? No!

It still works flawlessly, does exactly what I want it to do, and I continue to be thrilled using it.

If anyone here thinks they got ripped off by Apple, shame on you. What do you expect with technology?
Time doesn't stand still....
It changes every day and if you are going to wait for the latest and greatest thing to come along you will never purchase anything.
I feel sorry for those that just have to have the latest and greatest of everything....must be a bummer to never be happy.

Three week old iPad 3 owner here and happy as can be......time <and technology>marches on. :thumbs:

Last edited:

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluerob said:
Mushroom - kept in the dark and fed a lot of #######....

Don't know if its Aussie, but, it applies to me, that's for darn sure.

Moderator Notice-please post appropriately.

Sorry, I thought using the $ sign would not cause offence.

Won't happen again.

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
I was thinking of upgrading my two year old iPad 1, but now I might just wait for spring when they release the iPad 5 :) :)

Why not wait for the IPad 50. The way "technology moves forward," you will have one in your Xmas stocking!!,

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not wait for the IPad 50. The way "technology moves forward," you will have one in your Xmas stocking!!,

That is not the point...they just change to much hot a5x , with a6x.They know that a5x is mistake.So,we are stuck with a5x and they just play like nothing happens..On apple web page, they just erase ipad 3 , like it never was there..only ipad 1,2 ind 4 is there now..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts