What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting photos i never wanted?

awhitty63

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2. I also have a blackberry.
When I upgraded the iPad2 to iOS 5.0 somehow the photos that resided on my blackberry sd card ended up on my iPad.
I do not want these photos on my iPad. Never did want them there and never will. I am almost 100% certain I was never asked if I wanted these photos on my IPad and if I had been asked, I surely would have said NO.
So here I am, these photos are hogging space on my iPad and in fact now they have duplicated themselves. I go into photos and try to delete these pics but i am not able to delete them. I am running out of space on my iPad to the point I am thinking I may have to slick the iPad to get rid of them.
Has anyone else had (and resolved) this problem or know how to resolve it? Please help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have photos you can't delete in the Photo app, they were probably synced via iTunes from the computer.

Connect your iPad to your computer and select it in iTunes. Check out he Photo tab and turn off photo syncing (or just album/folders you don't' want) then re-sync the iPad.

The other possibility is that you are looking at Photo Stream. You can remove Photo Stream from the iPad by turning it off in the iCloud settings, but they will remain on the server and come back if you turn the service on again.

In iOS 5.1, but not 5.0, you can delete individual photos from the stream. Or you can remove all photos from the stream following the instructions in this thread. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/68861-deleting-photos.html

Most reactions

Latest posts