What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo problem

johnbla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently on holidays in the USA. I have about 1500 photos so far on my camera. I have backed them up to my IPad via and the camera connection kit. However, it has the same photos in the albums "all imported" and "last imported" and all the photos are also copied into the photos tab. That's OK except that when I try and delete a photo out of an album it only gives me the option of deleting everywhere which I presume will get rid of them all.

The reason I want to delete a copy out of one of the albums is that it is taking up all of my disk space. Obviously I do not have access to my PC with ITunes.

Is there a way to transfer photos from my camera and only keep one copy on my IPad?

Many thanks for any replies.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is only a single copy of each photo on your iPad. Albums, etc., are just collections of pointers to the photos. If you tap delete everywhere, the photo will truly be deleted everywhere. Don't do this unless you want the photo gone from your iPad forever. I know, it is confusing. IOS doesn't really have any file management capabilities like on a Mac or pc. File management is handled entirely by the apps you use. Use iTunes to backup all your photos or copy them from the DCIM folder after plugging your iPad into a USB port and bypassing iTunes. Be careful. Once you have your photos secured, you can put them back on your iPad and use the photos app to make albums (pointers) to group your photos for viewing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. Lost my connection. If you don't have access to iTunes and/or your pc, you are out of luck.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

johnbla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks. I only want them on my IPad as a back up in case I lose the camera whilst o/s.. Once I get home I will copy photos from camera to PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts