What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting emails (bulk)

auld yin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my wife new iPad. On first synching with PC it transferred 6000 emails to iPad because I didn't know she had that many. Deleted from PC then re-synched but they're still there. Is that because they still sit in DELETED on the PC?
Brian.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will need to empty the deleted folder as well otherwise they will remain on the server and therefore on your iPad.

The Archangel

OP
A

auld yin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You will need to empty the deleted folder as well otherwise they will remain on the server and therefore on your iPad.

The Archangel

Thanks for the answer. She'll now have to make a decision.
Brian.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You did not say what type of account it was. If it uses POP3 servers then the emails will have to be deleted from the iPad. It won't automatically sync with the server folders.

Or, you could just delete the account from the iPad, then add it again. Since you've already removed the emails from the server they should not download again.

dumwid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
members.cox.net
I clicked on Settings...Mail...Cox (my server)...Advanced...first item (Deleted Messages) in Remove...I selected After One Day. But I'm guessing this only removes previously deleted messages. I have over 180 in my Inbox and want to delete them without having to select 180 manually to be deleted. I know I can click on Edit..press on each one I want to delete and then delete them all, but pressing on 180 messages is work. Is there a way to Shift-select many at one time?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way I know of is to jailbreak and use the "DeleteMail" tweak. This gives you a "Delete All" function before you tick any of the items in the edit view.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to read more carefully, it's a jailbreak app from the Cydia store :)

Most reactions