What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear IPF and moderators, questions and feedback

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sure if this is in the right category, happy for it to be moved...

On the IPF App (which I love and recommend), I can't find an option to edit a post. Is there an option? Can there be (fluttering of eyelashes)?

Is there an option to just go to New Posts? (ie posts without replies). On the website, the New Posts section don't seem to do this, and on the App there isn't an option. (or is there?)

And, because I'm new to Threads/Forums etc, please excuse my limited knowledge, but is there a 'flag' where we can bring a post to your attention? Such as someone spamming the site, or a post that's in the wrong category.

Lastly, can I have a job? (more fluttering of eyelashes)

I appreciate your time in putting up with me. Lol. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sure if this is in the right category, happy for it to be moved...

On the IPF App (which I love and recommend), I can't find an option to edit a post. Is there an option? Can there be (fluttering of eyelashes)?

Is there an option to just go to New Posts? (ie posts without replies). On the website, the New Posts section don't seem to do this, and on the App there isn't an option. (or is there?)

And, because I'm new to Threads/Forums etc, please excuse my limited knowledge, but is there a 'flag' where we can bring a post to your attention? Such as someone spamming the site, or a post that's in the wrong category.

Lastly, can I have a job? (more fluttering of eyelashes)

I appreciate your time in putting up with me. Lol. :)

To edit one of your own posts, press the blue arrow on the right hand side of the post. This will bring up a menu, where you can select the EDIT choice. Make your edits, then hit SEND.

On the website, the New Posts option shows posts with unread replies. As soon as you have read all the posts it disappears from the list. The useful thing here is that you can mark all forums read, then use New Posts to see what is going on right now. On the app the closest thing is, or appears to be the Current tab with options on which posts you wish to see.

To report a post, use the same arrow as you would to edit a post. Then hit Report and give your reason for reporting the post. All moderators receive your report and will take action. And thanks for offering to do this.

Not sure what the criteria are for getting a job, so can't help you there. ;)

Last edited:

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
To edit a post, you tap the downwards arrow below the day and time, as you can see from my screenshot.
To report, or flag a post, you just hit the report button that's in the same options menu as the edit post button.
To view new threads, or new posts you haven't seen yet, you just tap the last visit tab as you can see from the second screenshot.

Attachments

• image-1208986127.jpg
    image-1208986127.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 323
  • image-112292695.jpg
    image-112292695.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 323

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Christiana-this is a great question that I am sure other members here have wondered. Thanks for bringing it up, and see-you even received some nice skitches from one of our Super Moderators! Hope that helped you!

By the way, you are doing a nice job helping our members here. You have good answers that helped them. We appreciate your efforts!

Most reactions

Latest posts