What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipf app constant notifications

dmlaty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I stop the ipf app constantly telling me I have new replies to my posts when I clearly haven't?
It's driving me mad

Dave

rolledm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont idea about that app but u have to see settings for that, may be its help u to slove ur problem.

OP
D

dmlaty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's an app that came already installed on the iPad, I've turned everything off in settings but still it repeatedly

Keeps pushing notifications about non existent replays to posts!

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dmlaty said:
It's an app that came already installed on the iPad, I've turned everything off in settings but still it repeatedly

Same here. You are not alone. I have just removed the app and reinstalled it so I will wait and see what happens. Will let you know if it works.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dmlaty said:

Forgot to add that I altered the settings etc. to stop notifications but no joy.

OP
D

dmlaty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mikeh515, so reinstall didn't work!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, several members have also reported this as well. The Admin staff have been notified of this so we ask for your patience. In the meantime, you can turn off your alerts/notifications to the IPF app to not receive further notices.

Thanks!

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The reinstall didn't work and even though I changed everything not to receive notifications, as suggested, they still kept pouring in. It became so annoying that the only solution was to delete the app. I can always communicate via this forum anyway.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first joined the forum, I turned off notifications, but they still kept arriving. So I just switched my account email address to a trash Gmail account that I keep for people and companies that I don't ever care to hear from. There might be tens of thousands of notifications there now, for all I know, but I'm never bothered by them. Problem solved, lol.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice one. Thought of doing the same but I will wait & see if it gets fixed. In the meantime I have deleted the infernal ipf forum app. No more emails or notifications. As I said I now communicate via this forum site. Que sera sera.

Most reactions