What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia is not showing any packages

qdata9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything I tap in Cydia is saying "Cannot locate package", so I cannot add anything after my jailbreak. Searches produce nothing. I am not sure if haven't completed something from the jailbreak. Here is some information about my iPad and break:

I broke today using Absinthe for windows.
I am connected through my personal wifi, (which I am typing this message through right now)
I am running an iPad 2 on 5.01
I am logging into Cydia through Facebook.
I have added nothing since the break.

I appreciate any help that I can get :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you first go to Cydia (every time), it loads the packages and repos. You need to give it time to complete the loading process before you search for something. Oh, and if you get an error notice during the loading, then close Cydia and try again later.

Right now, the odds are that Cydia is getting hit pretty hard, what with all the new JBers out there. So, have patience, wait for Cydia to finish fully loading and you should be good to go.

In a couple of days, it'll settle down and then Cydia will load with it's usual speed.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

cusechamps2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you first go to Cydia (every time), it loads the packages and repos. You need to give it time to complete the loading process before you search for something. Oh, and if you get an error notice during the loading, then close Cydia and try again later.

Right now, the odds are that Cydia is getting hit pretty hard, what with all the new JBers out there. So, have patience, wait for Cydia to finish fully loading and you should be good to go.

In a couple of days, it'll settle down and then Cydia will load with it's usual speed.

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

I am having the same issue, now I followed the refresh instructions on the screen and it still cannot locate the packages.

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Changes>refresh helped me to fix this problem. Waiting for it to finish (instead of browsing in cydia) seemed to help.

Most reactions

Latest posts