What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a gesture for screenshot?

tonymorton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to avoid using the home button and would like to find a workaround for screen print in particular. I've tried doing this using the virtual home button, but while this sort of works it places the icon display in the middle of the screen print!

Any Ideas welcome.

Many thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tony-I don't have an answer for you, but others may when they see it.

However, I am going to move this out of the POLLS section and into the HELP section so you get better attention and feedback.

Thanks,

Skimonkey

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tonymorton said:
I'd like to avoid using the home button and would like to find a workaround for screen print in particular. I've tried doing this using the virtual home button, but while this sort of works it places the icon display in the middle of the screen print!

Any Ideas welcome.

Many thanks

I don't have an answer for you, but why the aversion to the home button?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There really is no way to do so on a stock iPad.

Now, if you were jail broken, then yes, you can use a gesture to take a screen shot (I press and hold the status bar to take a screen shot on my iPhone, the same options are available on the iPad).

However, nothing stock. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
T

tonymorton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Home button on my first iPad2 failed after 3 months - probably oneof the 4 contact points failed or dust somehow got inside - don't think its really necessary with gestures anyway and there's a virtual home button on Accessibility - also I hear Apple are thinking of getting rid of it in next version - I'm guessing because of the high failure rate. So I figure if you don't use it then it can't break. Outside warranty it's £300 to repair, for which you could almost buy a new iPad. So the only thing I can't do without is is screen print and I know there must be a workaround out there somewhere .........???

OP
T

tonymorton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what jail broken is - but if you can enlighten me with a simple step by step process or link with instructions on how you use the status bar - that would be great!!!:)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For info on jailbreaking, please head over to our hacking section and read all of the stickies in there - iPad Hacking
Start here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreaking-explained.html
and here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html
and here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

then you may like to look at the sub-forums Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks, then iPad Themes, and finally Jailbreaking & Hacking Tutorials & How-To Guides

If you then have any questions on jailbreaking, please post them in the Hacking Section where they will get the best attention.

Hope that helps! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts