What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaints on ios6

CoreDump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All systems have their problems. Android constantly locks up and you have to do battery pulls in order to get it to reboot. You just have to decide which system works best for you and your needs and go with it.

I haven't noticed any drop in my battery life since upgrading, it is the same as before.

ios crashes more often than Android. Look it up. Nonsense about battery pulls... what are you talking about??

jumpnjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since updating to IOS 6, I have to delete cookies constantly to enter data in web-based system that I use for work. Any suggestions how to fix. It is very time consuming and annoying. Caused loss of data that I thought was entered.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No update is flawless. Most issues are minor and individual experiences. The Youtube and Maps issues are not Apple's fault when you look at it. Google knew that the native apps were going to be dropped. They chose to not release them and it was highly possible that they did so to upset Apple customers and get some convets to Android. The reason why Apple dropped the apps was because Google would not update the Apple versions with features everyone liked, so getting Android was the only way to get them. They offered upgrades to Apple, but the price was personal information about Apple customers. It is regrettable that so many people are having issues with the map program, but I have never heard Google apologize for any of their misdeeds, but Apple is willing to do so.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basile881 said:
I share with you, understand the same pain. I am one of the victims too! Downgrade won't work. I tell everyone not to upgrade!

Please if you want to make a comment like you did explain your issue. I have over 100 clients whom are over the moon about ios6 majority downloaded over the air and completed it in a very short time

We are here to assist and provide answers however with out information from you regard the problem you will not receive help

seebush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eventually I decided on option one and took my dead ipad to the Apple store in Bristol UK. I arranged a time through the Genius bar and although I got there an hour early, they were quite happy to see me straight away. They were polite and friendly. The Apple assistant plugged my ipad into his standalone Macbook and within five minutes the new IOS6 had been downloaded. There were no hiccups and no problems. They could not or would not tell me why I was unable to download at home. They said there could be a million reasons. A million reasons is an awful lot of reasons, but there is plainly something wrong with this download. Luckily I wasn’t too far from the apple store but others live much farther away. When Apple sell ipads, they sell to anybody and everybody. They don’t say any technical expertise is required to update. They don’t say any special conditions should prevail before updating is possible. Updating should be simple and easy and failsafe. This one was none of those things.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear that option 1 worked, even though it shouldn't have been necessary. I hope you can now enjoy your iPad in the way you should be able to. The other option may have been briefly satisfying, but really not productive in the long term. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been doing extended traveling across the U.S. and have been making extensive use of Google maps on iOS 5.1.1.

I had zero probs upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPod touch 4, but see no reason to upgrade my iPad or iPhone 4S. For me, it was an easy choice between using what already worked well for me vs. going to iOS 6, which didn't offer me enough in trade for giving up Google maps.

Just this past week, my Garmin GPS froze while I was crossing a bridge while leaving NYC in heavy traffic. People familiar with NY will know that that's among the worst places for a GPS to fail. Luckily, my iPad on iOS 5.1.1 was readily at hand and I was quickly able to fall back on it. For me, maps are important and will remain a key feature when picking any mobile device, platform or firmware.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ios crashes more often than Android. Look it up. Nonsense about battery pulls... what are you talking about??

I can speak only about Android devices I actually own and use regularly, and for me neither device has shown any crashing probs.

When speaking about Android, it's best to remember that the platform is delivered across a ton of devices, across many manufacturers, so having had experience with one device or another doesn't allow anyone to accurately make sweeping generalizations about all Android devices.

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As you will see from my signature I have a lot of experience of Android devices, running many different versions of the OS. The main "problem" with Android, if you can call it that, is also it's strength. It is actually the reverse of the Apple strength/weakness mix.

Being open source allows many manufacturers to provide their own implementations of the OS. This is a good thing. It brings competition and inventiveness. however, it also means that the user experience varies across manufacturers. Some provide software updates with more speed than others, some implement the OS with more stability, some with more polish. This means that while an iPad is an iPad is an iPad. The same cannot be said about an android tablet. The Asus tf101 is very different in feel to the Samsung Tab 2.0 for example.

As an owner and user of both devices I can already say that the iPad 3 is the nicest, most polished and enjoyable tablet I have ever used. It is not without its weaknesses, however. One example is the inability to select a soft keyboard with a number row as a fifth row. I have seen requests for this dating back 2 years, but still we are not "allowed" to have it.

Nothing is perfect. Nothing will suite everyone. At the end of the day all devices have their limitations - part of the fun is working around them & making your device "yours".

:)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
janner43 said:
As you will see from my signature I have a lot of experience of Android devices, running many different versions of the OS. The main "problem" with Android, if you can call it that, is also it's strength. It is actually the reverse of the Apple strength/weakness mix.

Being open source allows many manufacturers to provide their own implementations of the OS. This is a good thing. It brings competition and inventiveness. however, it also means that the user experience varies across manufacturers. Some provide software updates with more speed than others, some implement the OS with more stability, some with more polish. This means that while an iPad is an iPad is an iPad. The same cannot be said about an android tablet. The Asus tf101 is very different in feel to the Samsung Tab 2.0 for example.

As an owner and user of both devices I can already say that the iPad 3 is the nicest, most polished and enjoyable tablet I have ever used. It is not without its weaknesses, however. One example is the inability to select a soft keyboard with a number row as a fifth row. I have seen requests for this dating back 2 years, but still we are not "allowed" to have it.

Nothing is perfect. Nothing will suite everyone. At the end of the day all devices have their limitations - part of the fun is working around them & making your device "yours".

:)

Good way to put it. My iPad 2 isn't perfect by any means but it just works and does what I need it to. The portability, battery life, and sheer number of good apps makes it great. I can spend all day talking about niggling issues here and there about it. Some of them are even rather annoying. However, there isn't another tablet I'd rather have. I shopped an tried them all. And, I am not an Apple user or fanboy. ;)

mcrgirl180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This update is a disaster, YouTube gone and much more. I can't even log off fb without the iOS sayin I'm still logged in its system... I need to figure out of to log out of iOS completely. Help ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcrgirl180 said:
This update is a disaster, YouTube gone and much more. I can't even log off fb without the iOS sayin I'm still logged in its system... I need to figure out of to log out of iOS completely. Help ?

iOS is the operating system that enables all of Apple's mobile devices to function. You can't use any of these devices without interacting with iOS. There is no way to completely log out of iOS.
In regards to YouTube, have you downloaded the YouTube app from the App Store? The current version is an iPhone app that works on the iPad as well. There is also Jasmine, a free app that plays YouTube videos.
The reason that YouTube is no longer part of iOS 6 is that Apple's licence to include it had expired.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up how I feel about the iOS vs Android issue:

While Apple will be forever criticized for its "walled garden," diehard Android users will never understand (or admit) that the Cupertino model works. When Steve came back to Apple in 1997, one of his first executive orders was to kill the clone program, much to the dismay of the fringe Mac community. It wasn't so much about controlling profits; Steve simply sacrificed the needs of the few to protect the experience of the many.
A small, vocal minority of Android users know the ins and outs of rooting and clamor on about how much more advanced Android is than iOS, but the vast majority of users will never know how great Android can be, whether due to carrier or manufacturer manipulation of the UI or an inability to upgrade to the newest version. Apple, on the other hand, always makes sure its for-sale handsets can enjoy at least some of the features in the latest OS right from day one, and each release is crafted to boost speed and performance on all supported models.
Google certainly puts as much effort into each Android release--Jelly Bean's Project Butter was dedicated to making scrolling and gesturing as smooth as iOS--but if 99 percent of users can't experience it, what's the point? Even with a second-rate maps app, iOS 6 will likely be close to 50 percent adoption rate by Christmas.

The whole article can be read here:Android: When Open Becomes Closed | Mac|Life

Most reactions