What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaints on ios6

martinsm007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The worst thing about ios6 is that my ipad is slower than it was on ios 5.1.1(jailbroken) P.S. I'm using ''the new ipad'' I think I will downgrade the ios 6 to old-good 5.1.1

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
martinsm007 said:
The worst thing about ios6 is that my ipad is slower than it was on ios 5.1.1(jailbroken) P.S. I'm using ''the new ipad'' I think I will downgrade the ios 6 to old-good 5.1.1

I'm afraid that it is impossible at the present time to downgrade your iOS from 6 to 5.1.1.

martinsm007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid that it is impossible at the present time to downgrade your iOS from 6 to 5.1.1.

That's not cool. For this reason apple kinda sucks. Maybe there will come out a good update for ios 6 that won't slow down my device.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
martinsm007 said:
That's not cool. For this reason apple kinda sucks. Maybe there will come out a good update for ios 6 that won't slow down my device.

Not everybody has reported slowdowns, some even say their devices are faster with iOS 6.

martinsm007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new appstore hasn't so smooth that ir was on 5.1.1, but other things works good, maybe i can sometimes report some small freezes in apps. I just like to find problems :D and also device is not that interesting that then it was jailbroken...

bj5485

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am buying my ipad 3 tomorrow. Is there a connection to hardwire the device to my wireless router or will wireless be the only way to connect to the Internet? I would like to hardwire for the update to iOS6.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bj5485 said:
I am buying my ipad 3 tomorrow. Is there a connection to hardwire the device to my wireless router or will wireless be the only way to connect to the Internet? I would like to hardwire for the update to iOS6.

iPads cannot connect to the Internet by any type of hard wired connection. Wifi and cellular data plans are the only ways to access the Internet.
You can connect the iPad to iTunes on your computer with the supplied charging cable. Make sure to update your iTunes to the latest version, which is 10.7. You can download the iOS 6 update to iTunes and transfer it to your iPad after connecting it to your computer.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you will see from my signature I have a lot of experience of Android devices, running many different versions of the OS. The main "problem" with Android, if you can call it that, is also it's strength. It is actually the reverse of the Apple strength/weakness mix.

Being open source allows many manufacturers to provide their own implementations of the OS. This is a good thing. It brings competition and inventiveness. however, it also means that the user experience varies across manufacturers. Some provide software updates with more speed than others, some implement the OS with more stability, some with more polish. This means that while an iPad is an iPad is an iPad. The same cannot be said about an android tablet. The Asus tf101 is very different in feel to the Samsung Tab 2.0 for example.

As an owner and user of both devices I can already say that the iPad 3 is the nicest, most polished and enjoyable tablet I have ever used. It is not without its weaknesses, however. One example is the inability to select a soft keyboard with a number row as a fifth row. I have seen requests for this dating back 2 years, but still we are not "allowed" to have it.

Nothing is perfect. Nothing will suite everyone. At the end of the day all devices have their limitations - part of the fun is working around them & making your device "yours".

:)

Agree about the mix of strengths vs. weaknesses on both platforms. That's why I use both and will also consider other platforms at any given time.

As a consumer, I will always keep an open mind about what works best for me, and root for competition.

I'll also keep buying books, audiobooks, music, cloud storage, etc., only from vendors that let me easily take my content with me as I switch hardware and platforms over the years, rather than handcuffing myself to any one manufacturer or platform.

As long as iDevices work well for me, I'll use them. The same goes for Android. The best thing for me is being able to afford flexibility and not becoming blinded by fanboyism.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good way to put it. My iPad 2 isn't perfect by any means but it just works and does what I need it to. The portability, battery life, and sheer number of good apps makes it great. I can spend all day talking about niggling issues here and there about it. Some of them are even rather annoying. However, there isn't another tablet I'd rather have. I shopped an tried them all. And, I am not an Apple user or fanboy. ;)

The funny thing is, it's the people who are complaining who will actually force Apple to more quickly improve its mapping. The diehards who consistenly defend Apple will buy no matter what.

It's the most demanding users who are willing to take their money elsewhere who drive innovation and improvements. That's true of any industry. That's why smart consumers never root for monopolies, oligopolies or 800-pound gorillas in any industry or field.

khant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Not everybody has reported slowdowns, some even say their devices are faster with iOS 6.

I have a problem after upgrading ios6. iPad slow to respond some application like Gmail, and other browsers. Can someone helps me up?

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agree about the mix of strengths vs. weaknesses on both platforms. That's why I use both and will also consider other platforms at any given time.

As a consumer, I will always keep an open mind about what works best for me, and root for competition.

I'll also keep buying books, audiobooks, music, cloud storage, etc., only from vendors that let me easily take my content with me as I switch hardware and platforms over the years, rather than handcuffing myself to any one manufacturer or platform.

As long as iDevices work well for me, I'll use them. The same goes for Android. The best thing for me is being able to afford flexibility and not becoming blinded by fanboyism.

I agree with you. I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. In fact I learned a new phrase the other day (I *think* it might have been in one of your posts). It was "platform agnostic". I have little patience for the sort of rabid fanboyism I see in both Android & Apple users. At the end of the day, I am a consumer. I buy what I feel to be the best product for me.

There is no question in my mind that my iPad is slicker, smoother, more stable with a truly stunning screen. The build quality is phenomenal. BUT I prefer the Asus soft keyboard on the tf101. I dislike the way Apple do not instantly invoice & email with App purchases. Apple themselves have told me they effectively invoice & charge weekly. Google purchases are invoiced immediately & you have a 15 minute window in which to evaluate paid apps.

I have "discovered" FileBrowser by Stratospherix which is a superb File Manager & NAS storage manager. It allows photo & video streaming, mp3 player, copying to local folders on the iPad too. Also it allows direct download of documents from the web, views PDFs, docs, etc. a stunning app which effectively makes the "closed" issue of iOS a non issue now, so that is an example of a "problem" with iOS that is not a problem at all with the correct app.

I will not Jailbreak my iPad. I don't root my Android devices either. I believe devices should work as stock items. I want support from the manufacturer if I need it. Voiding warranties & delving into the depths of the technical underbelly of devices is something I lost interest in around 15 years ago.

All in all, every system has pluses & minuses. I too will continue to use both platforms to satisfy my requirements. To be honest at £159/$199 the Google Nexus 7 is stunning value. Any iPad "mini" is going to have to be pretty good & competitively priced to stand up against it - unless we bring the "fanboy" element into play, that is. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts