What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message does not work with iOS6 upgrade

GrayHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm regretting my iPad2 upgrade to iOS6! I'm experiencing WIFI connection problems, navigating on Google problems, and MAINLY problems with Message. Message just won't work sine I upgraded to iOS6!!!! In addition the new Map is simply lousy, not only is it lame but very cartoonish.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going into the Messages settings, signing out of your Apple ID, wait several minutes, then sign back in.

For wi-fi, try forgetting the network, then restarting your router. Yes, I know everything else works, but routers can get hung up on specific devices, and iPad's are notorious for it.

For Google, if you are using Safari, try clearing your data and cookies in Safari's settings. You'll have to log back into everything, but this fixes most problems. On the other hand, several people have been having problems with some of Google's services lately (like Google docs getting stuck in desktop view). I think it's related to the changes they are making to integrate everything into Google Drive.

I'm not going to cover Maps. There are already dozens of threads on the subject.

corncob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People at work were having problems going on the internet after upgrading to iOS6. What fixed it was SETTINGS > Wi-Fi and tapping the > after the desired network which opens up a properties page. Try changing "HTTP Proxy" from Off to Auto. Go back and reconnect if necessary.

Most reactions

Latest posts